iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any slabbing mills in Mid GA?

Started by willmyers0169, November 09, 2016, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willmyers0169

Have a client that wants to slab a pecan that is roughly 60" and about 4-5' long, was a blow over but intact.  Located in Eatonton GA.  My LT15 will not handle it. 
Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

fishpharmer

http://www.billsmill.com/  Has slabber and will travel.  Try contacting Bill, he is FF member, Nomad.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ga Mtn Man

I believe FF member Gasawyer has a slabbing mill and isn't too far from Eatonton.  Send him a PM.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on November 09, 2016, 04:23:21 PM
I believe FF member Gasawyer has a slabbing mill and isn't too far from Eatonton.  Send him a PM.
Maybe they will invite me to come watch. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

willmyers0169

Thanks guys, I sent GAsawyer a message.  It would be nice to get a little crowd together and "watch" him work.  There are also a couple of great eating places in Eatonton, my treat!

sandpig

new to saw milling my self it would be good to find other people in georgia to learn from.

willmyers0169

Quote from: sandpig on November 17, 2016, 07:51:57 PM
new to saw milling my self it would be good to find other people in georgia to learn from.

Where are you located @sandpig?

Seaman

If that does not work out, I can travel to Ga with the Lucas, but it cost $2 a mile, one way.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

sandpig

Quote from: willmyers0169 on November 18, 2016, 03:52:39 AM
Quote from: sandpig on November 17, 2016, 07:51:57 PM

Where are you located @sandpig?

Hey sorry I didn't see this I haven't had much time to get online.  I am in North East Ga near Commerce

slider

Sandpig  you need to come to the project at customsawyers this year. It is the super bowl of sawyers hanging out down east.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!