iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some horse logging and job site pics,

Started by saxon0364, January 08, 2013, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxon0364

Quote from: thecol on January 10, 2013, 09:47:55 PM
NICE TEAM DID U BUILD THE CART AND WERE R U IN PA

No, I did not build that cart.   Thats Rays, he built that one.     Im near the Venango Crawford County line in north west Pa.
Nothing wrong with quiet.

hdranch

I'd love to get the set up to use my horses for logging here. I just have some forest that needs thinned, but I don't want to make the rest of my property ugly by trying to get a truck or tractor back there. Has anyone found a simple set up for a single horse or set of horse to move some logs short distances? 

thecfarm

Don't write off a tractor. We hauled out alot of big pine with a 40hp tractor and a 3pt winch. We worked on the roads and kept them clean. Really the ugly comes from the trees themself. Or I should say the guy with the chainsaw. Anything we left in the woods was cut not much longer than 2 feet. We even would run the saw up and down the limbs. This was all on my Father's land. We could take the time,because we got all the money. Now I have a OWB and I can burn the pine limbs. We would go in with a load of rocks for any wet holes or uneven places. I live on this land and I am still doing the same thing. One reason we was so fussy with the limbs,at times we would have to drive over them. This land is a challenge to get across it. Rocks,leave trees,uneven places,wet holes all need be driven around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, hdranch.  Where are you from? Your location may influence the comments you get in response to your questions.

Take a minute to fill out your profile to tell us a bit about yourself.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ron Scott

Any Amish in your area? They have some good set-ups for horse logging.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!