-1 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
-1 cup Ketchup
-2 tablespoons Vinegar
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
-1 teaspoon Salt
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon prepared mustard
-1 cup Molasses

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In Dutch Oven, cook bacon over medium heat on cooktop, until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Drain all but 1-2 tablespoons bacon fat. Add meat, garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Add chopped bacon and remainder of ingredients to pot; stir well. Cover and bake in oven until bubbly around edges 45-60 minutes.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WV Sawmiller

Pappy,

Looks good but I would think canned beans would cook to mush in the time shown. I'd have thought you'd be using dry beans (Kidney or Pinto) for something like that.

Have you ever tried it using canned venison? I have some left I need to use up and might be a good use for it. I might have some tenderloin or roast left but most everything else we cubed or ground. I'm sure the tenderloin (actually loin as I have been reminded on other threads) should work well.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

pappy19

Both the kidney beans a butter beans hold up well and do not mush. Already cooked pinto beans will mush. Dutch oven pinto beans take about 3 hours here in Idaho altitude. If I was going to use dried pintos, I would cook them for a couple of hours with a ham hock, salt and bay leaf, then add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another hour until the beans were done. This is just a good quick recipe that doesn't take a lot of work for a great dish.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

drobertson

one thing for sure there Pappy, some of you folks sure eat well up there!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Carson-saws

Sounds absolutely fantastic!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!