iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do you know what this is?

Started by Banjo picker, May 28, 2020, 08:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

This is in a local parts store.  Who ever can guess what it is gets a whopping $5.00.  I have no idea myself.  If some one on here KNOWS what this is and we are first with answer.  I will donate the 5 bucks to the forum.  Tim

That's not much , but I think with the knowledge out there....its just free money.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

btulloh

Looks like a venturi-type vacuum generator.  Don't usually see them with the little tank or whatever. 

Have you put an air hose on it?  Could be pretty handy of that's what it is.

I don't think my answer is specific enough to qualify for the grand prize, but I think just seeing the picture is reward enough.
HM126

mike_belben

Unthread it and check if theres grease inside.  Ive never heard of one but i think it may be an air powered grease injector.  Looks like the stub is cutoff hydraulic steel tubing.  Something that would be plumbed to a manifold of bearings or lube points, then a machines PLC can toggle an air solenoid for automatic greasing.  

Theres be a diaphragm plate behind the air chuck if thats what it is.  

Does the thumb screw hold a single stub of pipe in the tee or are they two stubs flared or what?  I cant really tell in the pic
Praise The Lord

Chuck White

Could be a moisture trap!

For use when operating air tools and not allow the moisture access to the tool!

But then again, it does sort of look like a grease gun!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

That is what made me think it.  Inside a machine with limited space is the only place i could imagine a cut down, full diameter grease canister.  In my machinery/maintenance life i wouldnt have hesitated to cut up a grease gun, rethread it and make that, if the shoe fit.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!