iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keeping Priorities straight

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 28, 2020, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

The 3 local granddaughters (8, 12 & 14) are staying with us a few days so I wanted to be sure and keep our priorities straight and planned a cookout at my one of a kind picnic table and prototype benches I first made with a chainsaw that eventually morphed into something a little nicer like I make now. I had already dropped of some cut off slabs and such for a fire but a mid-afternoon shower meant I had to cut up some thin strips and grab a handful of planer chips for kindling. I threw them on the pile the tried to light it then just stepped next door to the boat house and got out my fish/turkey cooker and it was flame on. In just a few minutes I had a fine fire going to cook hot dogs and SMORES.

The table is a flat rock with an almost square rock for a pedestal and a couple of piece of cut-off locust to help support and stabilize the top. We can easily sit 8-10 people around it and have had many great outings there cooking hot dogs and SMORES, fish fries, and melon cuttings. The old benches are pretty rough and quickly becoming fire pit fuel but they hold some fond memories. The girls have boxes up the food, dishes and paperware and we are ready to cook. I have a well and faucet 10' away which is real handy for cleanup and washdown. Those SMORES can get awful sticky. :D We had another real good time today and made some more memories. ;D

You can see the well and the back of the boathouse is 3' from it in this picture. The hotdog forks live in the boathouse ready for use on short notice.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nebraska

Thank You Sponsors!