iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Know...Not again right? Green rough cut lumber price?

Started by Garrettjw, March 01, 2022, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrettjw

I know this topic has probably been beat to death but with the lumber prices changing so much in the past 2 years I just want to make sure I am charging a fair price. I'm new to the saw mill industry/hobbyist/turn a profit. What is a good price for green rough cut white oak and red oak dimensional lumber. I know this varies quite a bit based on various variables. I'm in East Tennessee. I've been sawing with my mill for about 6 months now and I am ready to try to turn a profit with my product. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer. 

WDH

Per the Hardwood Market Report, for 2" red oak, rough green, tractor trailer load minimum, F.O.B. Sawmill, select grade $1.29/bf.  #1 grade $1.00.

For 2" white oak, $4.29 for select and $1.65 for #1.  This is tractor trailer load wholesale from the commercial mills.  The white oak is insane for the select grade.  For the others I would double them for small volume retail.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!