iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

G--ts ?

Started by bama20a, September 22, 2012, 08:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I shared a bowl of grits tonight.  A dab of butter on top, and I can assure you that they have their very own taste.  And yes, I also like grits with a couple of medium fried eggs on top.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paul_H

I like potatos,pancakes and bread but never without at least butter or something.Beenthere,you are the only one that I know that enjoys those things plain.
I picture you sitting crosslegged on a hardwood floor washing your plain pancakes down with a glass of room temp water.
Butter and maple syrup on pancakes,butter or gravy on the spuds and many good things on the bread.All good.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

beenthere

QuoteI picture you sitting crosslegged on a hardwood floor washing your plain pancakes down with a glass of room temp water.

:D :D :D

I wish I could sit like that again...

:D :D

But really, by themselves they do have taste (which was my only point ;) )

But G..ts    eh eh :snowball: :snowball1: :snowfight1:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

Yeah,it's easier getting down on the floor than back up again,eh? :laugh:

Grits is good  :rifle: (I brung a gun to a snowbal fight)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WDH

BT,

Maybe it is that sitting cross-legged on the floor that is leading to your disdain because of strain  :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on December 19, 2012, 10:14:11 PM
BT,

Maybe it is that sitting cross-legged on the floor that is leading to your disdain because of strain  :-\.

Well, at least we know he's been there!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okraswife

If I had to choose between bread, potatoes, pancakes, or grits on their own, I'd choose bread (as long as it's a good kind, that is). Next would be pancakes. Grits and potatoes with nothing? Yuck! No, Okra and I don't see eye to eye on this topic. But then if you saw some of the combinations he used to come up with... He's become a pretty good cook, though. And he voluntarily made us supper today, and it was quite yummy!
Wife to Okra
Mom to 6

Okrafarmer

Mrs. Okra and I disagree fundamentally on cooking techniques. She is strictly by the book, follow the recipe chapter and verse.  :P

Me, I say, what book? I'll just keep adding ingredients until it tastes good!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

mad murdock

Quote from: Okrafarmer on December 20, 2012, 11:18:04 PM
Mrs. Okra and I disagree fundamentally on cooking techniques. She is strictly by the book, follow the recipe chapter and verse.  :P

Me, I say, what book? I'll just keep adding ingredients until it tastes good!
A man after my own heart :laugh: :) I use a recipe as a rough draft, the finished product gets adjusted with a little of this and that. Nothing wrong with cooking with your senses insay( which drives my wife crazy, the kids usually like my cooking). A couple rules I live by when it comes to food, everything is better with cheddar. There is no substitute for real butter, or real maple syrup for that matter. And lastly, I almost always sauté my onions n garlic before throwing them in the mix (in butter of course). I think I am having grits for breakfast tomorrow morning :christmas:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Okrafarmer

Mad Murdoch, it sounds to me like you went to the same culinary school I did, and we both graduated with honors!

mad murdock

"I think its time for second breakfast" then after a bit "elevensies"! :christmas:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: mad murdock on December 24, 2012, 11:37:40 AM
"I think its time for second breakfast" then after a bit "elevensies"! :christmas:

Oh, absolutely! And luncheon, dinner, afternoon tea, supper-- and don't forget the Afters!
:laugh:
:new_year:

WDH

The tradition in my family is to have a big Christmas morning breakfast.  I really look forward to that.  I will be cooking soon!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

schakey

Ok, I must be the strange one in the north(Ohio). I like grits and hominy.
Both on a plate with fried eggs and a chopped steak food1 digin_2 sketti_1 smiley_beertoast
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Thank You Sponsors!