iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with what year my 225 TJ is

Started by shawn55, May 23, 2013, 06:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn55

The only serial numbers that i can make out is behind cab on the frame.588858 but those numbers dont make sence to me. I think its a 1970-1973 because it has the bigger opening in the cab. what does everybody think what year it is and i hope these pics work. looks a little rough but im caging in the cab and then its getting sand blasted and a new paint job. 

Mark K

I had a 66. My reverser was in the transmission. Had a two levers, front lever was forward and reverse, back lever was a four speed. Had a high low in the transfer case. Is your reverser in the transfer case or the transmission? Might be a little newer than you think.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

shawn55

the forward and reverse linkage goes up between motor and transmission.  and the high and low is in the transfer case. also it has the square box air cleaner which I have not seen many of them or did they come standard in certain years.

240b

Mark K

That square air box was aftermarket from what I've heard. Mine had that. Original equipment was an oil bath. Yours is newer than the one I had. My hydraulics were along side of the seat. I would say early to mid 70's. Not sure.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!