iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

362 Modifications

Started by lr54, June 27, 2020, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lr54

Just bought a new 362 C-M with a 20" bar (using on a full skip chisel). I've only used Stihl saws with no modifications but am wanting to upgrade this saw a bit and was wondering what others have done. I am planning on putting a full wrap handle on and oversized dogs. What do you all put on yours? Thanks.

Tacotodd

Is there a reason for the full wrap and what's the reason for the bigger dogs? You must question both of these things.

I personally have no need of either, but I'm just cutting for myself. 

Don't get me wrong, there have been times that I've thought about a full wrap, the reason being is that I was in the wrong position, but I've since learned not to repeat that.

The bigger dogs, to me, were just something cool to look at but not necessary in my great state where people let me cut their stuff for me to have. 

I hope the best in whatever decision that you make and keep the rest of us "rookies" informed.
Trying harder everyday.

lxskllr

I put a "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A SAFE ALTERNATIVE TO CIGARETTES" sticker on mine. I think it improved it.

Tacotodd

It's not safer but SO much more fun!
Trying harder everyday.

Pine Ridge

Open up the muffler so it will breathe better and run cooler. It will pull full chisel chain fine on a 20" bar, i wouldn't run skip tooth unless you went with a 24" bar. 
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

lr54

HolmenTree

Trouble with oversized dual dogs is you lose 2 inches of bar. 20" is now 18".
Back in the day timber fallers in 2nd or 3rd growth out on the coast were souping up 044 046 with woods porting etc and running 28" and longer with full wrap handles  big dogs

With a 362CM 28" b/c it will be stressed with only a muffler mod being levered by oversized dogs.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!