iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Black walnut.

Started by jpdawg, February 23, 2020, 03:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpdawg

Not sure where to post this question.
How much do you guys charge a board foot for black walnut right off the mill?  Looked online at craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and such but it seems that I can't find any prices per board foot.  Seen some slabs and such but I milled just 6/4 boards that are 5 foot or so long.
I don't want to price it too high but I don't want to undercut myself either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I live in NE Pennsylvania if that helps at all.

WV Sawmiller

I am southern WV so not too far from you so prices may be similar. I sell mine for $5/bf for most. I do have some very large 9/4 slabs that I took to a fellow sawyer with a Lucas slabber have been air drying 2 years I sell for $10/bf. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

jpdawg

Thanks WV Sawmiller  for that.  I just don't know what prices to ask for. I don't want to be too high that nobody is interested but don't want to low-ball myself either. So this definitely helps.  I think I'll post it for $5 and see what happens.

Thank You Sponsors!