Quotes! Getting rid of them on my screen

Started by Tacotodd, June 04, 2020, 12:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacotodd

How do I rid these from my screen? I don't want to post them and then modify them to something else. I feel bad to bother you with such an issue, but it feels like an important one to me. Have as good of a day as you possibly can, and thank you for your time in messing with me.
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

I'll give you an example just so that I may rid myself of them.
Quote from: YellowHammer on May 28, 2020, 11:03:33 PM
It's interesting to me that the companies who had the foresight to team up with other big manufactures really took the market.  Tohatsu built by Nissan, Mercury built by Yamaha, etc.  

I remember when I was buying a twin engine center console ocean boat powered with Suszuki engines, I asked the salesman if they were good engines and he saide, sure, no problems.  I then asked him how they compared to Yamahas, and he gushed that there was no comparison, Yammies were the best, 10 to 1, and this dealership didn't even sell Yamahas.  

I also remember I was being guided in Mobile bay, and the guide said he was a Yamaha man, and the Evirude reps came to his dock and offered all the professional guides a new ETEC I'd they would run them.  So he got a new engine for free, ran if for about a year, and it died.  So he just put his old Yamaha back on.  

Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

I'll give you an example just so that I may rid myself of them.
Quote from: YellowHammer on May 28, 2020, 11:03:33 PM
It's interesting to me that the companies who had the foresight to team up with other big manufactures really took the market.  Tohatsu built by Nissan, Mercury built by Yamaha, etc.  

I remember when I was buying a twin engine center console ocean boat powered with Suszuki engines, I asked the salesman if they were good engines and he saide, sure, no problems.  I then asked him how they compared to Yamahas, and he gushed that there was no comparison, Yammies were the best, 10 to 1, and this dealership didn't even sell Yamahas.  

I also remember I was being guided in Mobile bay, and the guide said he was a Yamaha man, and the Evirude reps came to his dock and offered all the professional guides a new ETEC I'd they would run them.  So he got a new engine for free, ran if for about a year, and it died.  So he just put his old Yamaha back on.  

I see that while I was typing, I had another post come up and I'm assuming that it was regarding my question, but I don't know how to look at it while I'm in the middle of asking and showing an example. Forgive me if this is rediculous to you. Here I go.
Trying harder everyday.

btulloh

I can't speak for Jeff, but I can't quite figure out what's bugging you.  Maybe elaborate or explain a bit so Jeff (or somebody) can provide feedback.  

HM126

Tacotodd

I'm doing all this on my smartelic phone. I apologize in advance if it seems like I'm being harsh. These are appearing in the lower-left hand corner of my screen, and I can't seem to rid myself of these unless I use them some how. These are in subject matter that I don't know anything about and I am just trying to learn some different stuff about. I'll try to explain my issues more if I need to. I DON'T want to appear to be the whiney member. Thanks for your time.
Trying harder everyday.

btulloh

I understand. I don't think the thing the thing you're describing is appearing in your post. Maybe try a screen shot. 

Most use the full website even on mobile device. The mobile version works pretty well, but there's only so much that can be done. The FF just really needs a bigger screen than a smartphone.  Too much content really to fit nicely on a smartphone. I think it does pretty well with the mobile version - just the nature of the beast. Try switching to the full site and see if you can get rid of the iisue. You'll have to scroll around a bit, but that's ok. Yhen swich back to the mobile version to see. Hopefully that will help. 
HM126

Tacotodd

I'll see what I can do but I am very technologically challenged. Luckily, I do have at least 1 good friend that will let me "play" on his computer. We will see how it all goes and he could probably teach me a thing or two in exchange for me keeping his chainsaw running top notch. We'll see. Thanks for the suggestions.     Todd
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

I don't know how to delete cookies from my smart phone. Like I said, technologically challenged. Please forgive, but thanks. I am just kind of "faking" this whole thing, especially since this is the only forum that has ever appealed to me enough to join. Like in the few jobs that I have been so kindly to have been a part of, my upper management wanted me to use the computer only, but when they realized just how well I took care of my customers and how many MORE that I brought in with nothing more than word-of-mouth, they left me alone, got me the old school paper tools that I asked for, and my store was in the black in 6 months vs others that were doing wonderful if they were in the black in 1.5 years. I'll quit my rambling now. 
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

Maybe it will work the way I want it now.  Apple was so kind to not provide areal paper phone manual, but what do I KNOW. We will see. Thanks folks for educating me. Fingers crossed!
Trying harder everyday.

btulloh

You can switch to the full site on your phone. There's a button at the bottom that says "full site" or something obscure like that. Press that and the full site will appear on your phone. You can switch back and forth as desired. 

I think you can also get on the FF using a telegraph if you pr,efer retro.  :D

Not sure about using pencil and paper. You could try mailing letters to the FF, but it'll probably be a one waystreet. 

This is the only forum I've joined too.  That seems about right to me.  
HM126

Southside

Quote from: Jeff on June 04, 2020, 01:54:29 PM
Or delete your cookies.
I have a Basset Hound named "Cookie Monster".  I can see if she will eat the cookies on your phone. No guarantee on how the phone will come out of the deal.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

I’m sorry that you last two posters feel the need to be a WA.

Trying harder everyday.

Walnut Beast

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

ellmoe

Hey , they're just playin'. It's hard to communicate friendly joshing in a post, but this is a close community where good natured kidding is the rule. Think of it as part of being accepted by this diverse group. ;D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

btulloh

Sorry if it offended.  We do like a little good-natured ribbing around here.  

I did put some help in there also.
HM126

Jeff

Quote from: Tacotodd on June 06, 2020, 04:49:01 AM
I'm sorry that you last two posters feel the need to be a WA.
I suggest you spend a little more time reading and leaning the ebb and flow around here.  Getting your panties knotted up because you may not understand you are being included  is not the road to take.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

My apologies. My smart A phone along with other tech issues have been keeping me from logging back on to reply to this. Everything SEEMS to be all good now, but like in life, we'll see. 
Thanks 
TODD 
PS. OGH, If nothing else, then you made me feel better. 
Trying harder everyday.