iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OUR NEW WEBSITE thanks to JEFF

Started by BradMarks, March 09, 2015, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradMarks

pacforest.com could not have happened without the expertise and ability that Jeff has.  He took an outdated website with outdated software and broken links and produced a new fresh website with bells and whistles using new software. Folks, this was not easy, go ahead and ask him. Call him "code talker" if you like. Not only did it take tremendous effort on Jeff's part, we have a lot of product items, he produced the finished website in time to be up and running before  the plug was pulled on the old site.  Hat's off to Jeff 8). I'm guessing this was his most difficult project to date. And the caveat to all this, it didn't cost a fortune - not only reasonable rates but also efficiency, and we are receiving orders already, which indicates immediate visibility. If anyone out there is thinking about a website, complicated or not, Jeff should be your go to guy.  Thanks for listening, Brad.

beenthere

Jeff has some special talents for many things.  Glad to hear your site is up and running. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

He is a Master. 

The first thing that you see is the phone #.  Many times, just finding the phone number to call on a website can be frustrating. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Brad and Jeff, this is a really good website. Easy to navigate.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

He did a great job, that's for sure.  One day I'm gonna order a pair of those gloves, are they the same ones as the US Forest Service ones that you're supposed to wear inside out?  At $108 they must be good!
Boy, back in my day..

BradMarks

4x4:  Those gloves are priced/dozen.  They don't have the big seams that the GSA gloves have, and do not need to be worn inside out to be comfortable. For the record, they are imported.

thecfarm

@BradMarks,I like those Vikings chainsaw boots. I need another pair. I see only caulk ones. Do you sell any without the caulks?
Brad is doing a mighty fine job helping me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pine

Brad
You might have Jeff change the link on the ad link that is to the left of the screen.  It still links to http://pacforestsupply.com/ which does have a redirection but better would be to go to the new domain http://www.pacforest.com/

Jeff

Thanks for pointing that out pine!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

This was a much more complex undertaking than simply building a new website.  It was a transformation of a website using a database driven eCommerce software that was going obsolete to the new programming and web server operating systems of today, into a new website and totally new commerce software and database. The worst part was there was a count down to get it accomplished before losing everything, as Brad's old site's webserver was being upgraded and the website was most certainly going to die a sudden death (which it did).  We were able to rewrite the database over a long week into new tables for the new store and website and get everything ready to go before we lost it all. It was a lot of work, but it was actually an enjoyable process for me getting to work with Brad and Jennifer at Pacforest Supply.

I hope the forum membership does make a point to use Pacforest Supply for their Forestry supply needs. They are a sponsor, and gave the Forestry Forum the additional opportunity to take care of their website and hosting needs. This all helps keep the Forestry Forum doors open. Thank you @BradMarks !
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JRiedy

Yay to Jeff!  It's a great website to navigate as a consumer and as an admin!  Nuttin' but good outta him!  ;) :D

Jennifer
Pacforest Supply
Jennifer Riedy
www.pacforest.com

Thank You Sponsors!