iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heatmor Door Seal

Started by jiggysmb, January 07, 2016, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggysmb

I am new to the forum but found a nice thread here about replacing the door seal/gasket on a Heatmor. I recently purchased a home with a Heatmor 200CSS that had been a little neglected and was not working properly. The blower was not working and anode rod was badly deteriorated (gone) after only 4 years. These item have been replaced and water treated, but I am working on the door seal and flue gasket now which are both cracking.

I found the video on YT but they dont go far into describing the parts. When I call the distributor in VA they quoted me over $100 for the door seal kit, 2 brass elbows and flue gasket, which should be about $45 in parts.

I have purchased plenty of fire rope but can not find the "sila-seal silicone sealant" used in the Heatmor kit. What other sealant can be used?

What material is used for the flue gasket?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Ed

When I did the door on our Heatmor I bought the sealant from the Central boiler dealer...he was cheaper than the Heatmor dealer and had it in stock.

Ed

jiggysmb

Do you happen to recall what it was called?

If anyone knows a part number for thee brass elbows on the door that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Ed

Sorry, no I don't, been a few years since I re-sealed it.

Ed

jiggysmb

Well it looks like the SilaSeal that was originally supplied and a seller on ebay is still selling was discontinued in 2009. The current silicone seal being sold is Nu Flex 302, $6/tube.

The brass elbows are Part # QQMC44X (3/4" Barb x 3/4" mpt) $4 each which is half the distributor price.

The proper door hose is Insulone 3/4  Part # U29 80316, $40 for 50ft.

The distributor wanted over $100, the fire rope, sealant and elbows came to $32 shipped.     

The flue gasket seems to just be sealant smeared over some type of fiber backing on Heatmor's YT video. Does anyone know what that fiber board could be?       

beenthere

Google "gasketing cement and stove sealer" and hits will come up for where you can buy it. HD, Menard's, Ace ....

That is the name on my tube.. by Meeco's RedDevil

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!