iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maffel bandsaw stand

Started by Muskydawg, July 11, 2019, 02:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskydawg

Hey Guys! I picked up a Maffel bandsaw the other day, used. It didn't come with a stand. Has anybody out there made any kind of homemade stand for these bad boys for while you're using it, and for storing it in the shop? This thing is worth more than my truck! And I hate to see it lying in the floor. I'm in Canada so ordering the factory stand isn't super easy. 

Thanks!

Andries

If your Maffel saw is very similar to a Hema timber bandsaw, I saw a nice stand/cart for it just North of Trenton ON.
The owner built a shelf with a notch on it for the saw. The shelf was mounted onto a two wheel dolly.
He wheeled it over to where the saw was needed, uncoiled the long extension cord on the handle bar side of the cart and plugged it in. Slick.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Muskydawg

That's a great idea! Thanks, I'm going to make one!

BarnMB

If you intend to haul it around at all make a nice box on a 2 wheeled dolly we did and it was totally worthwhile as we bring it to jobsites every once in awhile. 

flyingparks

A dolly is great...and an extra, extra long cord.

Muskydawg

Thanks guys! Does anyone have any pictures they could post? Give me a starting point maybe?

BarnMB

Quote from: Muskydawg on July 29, 2019, 02:36:20 PM
Thanks guys! Does anyone have any pictures they could post? Give me a starting point maybe?
Gladly could but not sure how to post them??

Thank You Sponsors!