iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brands of OWB's

Started by js2743, October 12, 2014, 01:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js2743

I have been searching the internet for OWB's and seem to only find a few brands. Im sure there are more out there than im finding. If you know of a Brand will you please post it, would be much appreciated.

beenthere

Let us know which "brands" you have found.. will be easier to fill in the ones you have not found that way.
tks

Many brands are local to the manufacturer, and not distributed across the country.

Also, OWB mean burner or boiler in your search?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

M Cook

Mike Cook

WmFritz

Natures Comfort

Shaver

Crown Royal

Hardy

Harken

Taylor

Mahoning

Wood Doctor
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

coxy

are all these brands like the new eclassic  with the (after burn or re burn ) think I said it right  ;D

r.man

Originally OWBs were just big fireboxes surrounded by water, then came more efficient ones that used heat exchangers in the water to steal heat from the smoke, ( cfarms heatmor is like that ) and now the most efficient are gasifiers that use a reburn process and have a secondary burn chamber to up the efficiency again. Many jurisdictions will only allow these OWBs since they meet the newest EPA standard. If you are in an area that insists on this standard then you don't have a choice. If your area doesn't then you could choose one of the older designs. The main difference from a homeowners point of view is that a gasser uses less wood and produces less ash and smoke but the older style can burn a poorer quality and/or green wood if that is whats available. The gassers are finicky compared to the older style and require dryer wood with a lower moisture content.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

spyder68

And its build so if you do have a problem it comes apart to fix. Its modular. Just like their gasser is now.

Thank You Sponsors!