iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carco model E! Not daily carnage

Started by Satamax, April 05, 2021, 04:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

But not far! 

The guys came all the way from the Pyrenees, 900km away or so. To bring a new plasma cutter, that they bought along the way, in exchange for this old model E. Which they want to restore an old continental track tractor. They were really happy, to find the proper winch for the tractor. With the right piercing layout, and splinned shaft. 

And me, i got stung, the plasma functioned only ten seconds. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Problem solved. I was missing a phase somewhat. 147 volts instead of 415v.

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Dom

No need for lowering springs on that car.  :D

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on April 05, 2021, 12:35:20 PM
Im thinking this was a trade?
Yep, the guy wanting the carco type E and his friend, were a bit further in the Pyrenees, than the guy who had the plasma. And that i was negotiating with. Told them, you want the winch, bring me back that plasma, i already had negotiated it for 600€ with the guy, but we didn't agree on shipping costs.  The guys bought the plasma for me. Did all the traveling. And were happy. Mind you, i've only seen two of those for sale in France other than mine, in all the time i've been interested in winches. And a guy on ebay, had the perfect ad, to persuade that they weren't doing too bad a deal. EBAY LISTING DELETED BY ADMIN, REFER TO RULES
Pierre, the guy the winch was for. Was "dead chuffed"  (supper happy) He needs it to rebuild an old continental crawler. And all the bolt pattern was the right one. 1 1/2 six spline shaft etc.
Far more pleasant than the guy who offered 200€ for it, and was arrogant.
That winch, despite being a rustbucket outside. Had less than a 12th of turn of play between the splined shaft, and the drum moving. May be less. Pinion teeth were immaculate.

Satamax

Quote from: Dom on April 05, 2021, 11:34:54 AM
No need for lowering springs on that car.  :D
In the bakc, yes, and in the front when the two guys got in! :D 

Thank You Sponsors!