iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 330 cable skidder

Started by deerguy, November 08, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

Hi there,
Brand new to this site - thought I'd give it a whirl and see if I can find some online help. I have a Timberjack 330 with a 3 cyl Detroit and an Allison tranny. 2 forward speeds and 1 reverse. My problem is tranny oil pickup when it starts. I have some success picking the front end up on the blade which I assume helps push the oil back to the pickup ???? I'm told there is a charge pump in the system, but without a manual, its hard to decide where that might be ???? On average, 4 times out of ten it wont pick up the oil on cold starts..... any thoughts ??
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

kiko

I am not sure of the set up in a tj, but an Allison in a road truck would have the trans pump on the input shaft behind the torque convertor. That might mean trans removal. You may be able to seperate it and slide it back to get at pump.

HuZzEy

if you can get the trans model I may be able to help I have access to allison manuals 

deerguy

Thanks HuZzEy,

From what I can see, it's a model TT25. Does this make any sense ??? Thanks in advance for the help !!!!

deerguy

hey folks, just thought I'd send an update on the 330 cable skidder. The old sweetheart is all tore down, with new drivelines and a new charge pump almost back in. The unit is primed and ready for paint. Had to settle for an Armour Coat Zesty Orange, as it seems impossible to buy the origional Timberjack orange anywhere in Ontario. I'll post the before and after pic's asap. If anyone knows where to find that Timberjack orange paint, I'd appreciate the tip !!! Happy hauling !!!

lumberjack48

I was always told where they sell auto body paint that they can mix / match  any color you want.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

bushmechanic

I used to use a Dupont paint called equipment orange which was the closest I have seen to the Timberjack orange.

Thank You Sponsors!