iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tajfun EGV 60 AHK logging winch

Started by Real Southie, April 29, 2024, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real Southie

Hi all,

Has anyone had anything to do with the EGV 60 AHK Tajfun logging winches?

They seem to be an odd one, sitting in between the more common EGV 55 AHK and the EGV 65 AHK. 
Manufactured from at least 2002, I'm looking at one that was built in 2008.
PTO driven, electro hydraulic system, can run either pendant switch or remote control.

I'm after any info, pros and cons.

Also a link to a service manual.

Will hopefully be running it on a 72hp John Deere. 

I've only just emailed Tajfun (both U.S and Slovenia headquarters) and am still waiting to hear back, but just thought I'd ask here also.

Thanks so much.

thecfarm

Glad to see you asked a question.
That is a nice size tractor.
If parts are available, I would get it.
I've had a Norse since 1993. Seen a lot of wood behind that winch. The sprocket is getting worn on it,but have not put a part on it all.
Have you used a winch before? 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Real Southie

Quote from: thecfarm on April 30, 2024, 05:01:01 AMGlad to see you asked a question.
That is a nice size tractor.
If parts are available, I would get it.
I've had a Norse since 1993. Seen a lot of wood behind that winch. The sprocket is getting worn on it,but have not put a part on it all.
Have you used a winch before?
Thanks for the reply,

I used one in the UK 20 years ago, a mechanical one, Igland I think (direct drive, no hyd pump), been keeping an eye out for one the same.

I had a look at a new Uniforest 55MR and a second hand Farmi 450, always thought the mechanical ones were the way to go (although I know the Mechanical vs Hydraulic winch debate isn't yet settled)  ffcheesy

This hydraulic one has come up for a good price so I'm tossing up whether to go with that one.

I'm waiting on an email back from Tajfun re. parts.

thecfarm

Ingland is the same as Norse, I think. 
Hyd one is nice. So is a remote.  :wacky:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Real Southie

Quote from: thecfarm on April 30, 2024, 05:23:23 PMIngland is the same as Norse, I think.
Hyd one is nice. So is a remote.  :wacky:
My recollection is that the Igland winch we used seemed tall, this Tajfun seems to be a more squat design, but it was 20 years ago so the dimensions could be the same or similar.

That's a good endorsement for Norse that you've had such a good run with yours. 

Yes a remote would be great, hopefully the modern remotes are compatible with the older design winches. 

thecfarm

That's why we bought the Norse. We had pine an easy 3 feet across, and many was more. 
Some winches could barely get a 3 foot log off the ground. We needed more height on the pulley.
That also have the butt plate that can pivot too, if the pins are removed.

40hp 4wd ford

Real Southie

Ah, so I was remembering it correctly, I thought it was taller. 
 And having the blade hinge like that is a good idea, is Norse the only one that does that?

711ac

In my woods/terrain dense and rocky, if I had the chance for a true remote control I'd be there with cash in a hurry! ffcool

thecfarm

Norse is the only one that I have seen with a butt plate that pivots.

NE Woodburner

Quote from: thecfarm on May 01, 2024, 10:31:43 AMNorse is the only one that I have seen with a butt plate that pivots.
Igland has that too, but as you pointed out earlier Norse and Igland are basically the same.

thecfarm

How right you are!!!!
I would like to see them side by side to see if they are the same.
Maybe like the log splitter I have. says Cub Cadet on it, but have seen it different colors and brands and looked just like mine.

47sawdust

Southie,
I have a Krpan 4.5EHK with pendant and radio remote. I hope you are able to make the purchase.Tajfun makes an outstanding winch
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Real Southie

It is done :thumbsup: Pick it up next week.
I hadn't heard back from either Tajfun USA or Slovenia, really wanted to see if I could get a manual.

Quote from: 47sawdust on May 01, 2024, 08:08:22 PMSouthie,
I have a Krpan 4.5EHK with pendant and radio remote. I hope you are able to make the purchase.Tajfun makes an outstanding winch
Hey Sawdust, does your radio remote receiver on your Krpan just plug in to the port where the pendant goes?  If so, I'm hoping the Tajfun is the same so I can get a remote down the track.

47sawdust

The pendant and the remote share the same plug.
A 12 volt power source is needed for the remote receiver.
If you are trying to source a manual from OESCO,they are probably busy with a trade show in Vermont.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Real Southie

Quote from: 47sawdust on May 03, 2024, 06:35:50 AMThe pendant and the remote share the same plug.
A 12 volt power source is needed for the remote receiver.
If you are trying to source a manual from OESCO,they are probably busy with a trade show in Vermont.
Ok thanks, good to know.
No I hadn't gone to anyone else for a manual other than Tajfun (U.S and Europe), haven't heard back from either, other than an automated reply from the Slovenia factory.

Thank You Sponsors!