iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily carnage thread

Started by mike_belben, July 23, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

My splitter is feeling the effects of running off of my backhoe hydraulics. Break it, weld it better, try a bigger chunk of wood.  :D I don't know what the relief on the splitter is, but the Kubota is putting out 3100.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JB Griffin

I think you have a low tire Dave. ;D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

mike_belben

Nah thats just a slow leak. 
Praise The Lord

Dave Shepard

I'm going to take those off. Then I can get the beam right on the ground for the big chunks. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

GRANITEstateMP

Dave,

I think it's just flat on the bottom, you should be good!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

sawguy21

These pictures remind of my days on ground support for helilogging. Those guys could break a steel ball with a rubber hammer.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moodnacreek

Wait till it gets below zero.

gaproperty

Quote from: barbender on July 25, 2018, 12:05:49 AM
This promises to be a good thread😁 I usually don't tear too much stuff up, but when I screw up it's usually pretty bad. A few weeks back, I backed my loaded forwarder into the front of a truck that was loading on the landing (worst part was, he was parked exactly where I told him to load) I was just barely creeping when I hit him, in fact I never even felt it. Pushed him back about 3'. He had just started loading, if he would've had more wood on it probably would've totally wiped his truck out. As it was, it didn't look too bad, but it all adds up- Ali-arc bumper, A/C condenser, radiator, air to air cooler, grill and hood. $10K or so👎👎👎 I'll have my head hanging quite low for some time. No, I did not think taking pictures at the time would be appropriate 😑
The only people who don't make mistakes are the people who don't do anything.  
Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

barbender

Thank you, gaproperty. As it turns out, insurance covered it so it least it didn't come straight out of the boss' pocket. I need to get a back up camera on my machine, not long after the incedent you just quoted, I had an elderly landowner (I later learned he has fused vertebrae in his neck, so he can't look up or to the sides) drive right up behind me when I was unloading on the landing. I started backing up to go to another pile, and I happened to remember the processor operator telling me that this landowner had a tendency to get in the way. So I decided to turn a bit to see behind myself, there was a Suburban about 5' behind me!! If I wouldn't have seen him, I would have drove right over the top of him before I felt it. It was a very bad move on his part to drive right into the blind spot of the machine, when I wasn't even aware he was out there, especially in light of the fact he could barely back up a vehicle because of his medical condition. I mustered my best stern tone (it's not really my way, especually with an elder that you are working for) and told him under no circumstances could he come that close to the machine. He was very sorry, and I felt bad for jumping his case but I'd rather do that than run him over!
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

one of this weeks projects. rear springs 2564 ih truck. i did one side by myself. it can be done but it aint fun. the other side i had a little help. when you burn those 1" u bolts off its like a cannon going off..........bang

maple flats

And I thought I had it bad having to change the 3 hoses to one track drive motor on my excavator (one, pressure each direction and one pressure equalizer or vent). Tight to work but nothing like what you guys are dealing with.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

mike_belben

Theyre even louder with a die grinder, did tons of em at the JY.  

Toss an empty whip cream can in a bonfire sometime if you wanna hear a sonic boom.  Just beware it can blow the logs right out.  The kinda bang where your head ducks at the same time as your feet jump and you become a little hovering ball of 'holy chit what was that' for a second or two. 
Praise The Lord

kiko

TC 726 Articulation joint carnage

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

barbender

Unbelievable! Them Georgia boys know how to trash a machine, I've seen it before!😂 I wish I had pictures of when that Ponsse forwarder Deck used to own, had the frame/center section give up the ghost in dramatic fashion!!

mike_belben

Thats called extracting maximum value!

Praise The Lord

kiko

I might be have to post the repair in the daily Fab thread. Here is one my helper took, his lens is not scratched.  

I have a frame of a TC 718 , I plan to cut those forks loose and weld them into this one.

Puffergas

Still more run left in that pin.    ;D
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

GRANITEstateMP

Hey Bub, you hear that noise??
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Dave Shepard

Hard to believe someone could tolerate running a machine like that. 

A local scrap yard had a couple of Trojan 2000 loaders worn pretty bad there. But not that bad. They had a guy come in and weld them up and line bore them. $750 each. I think that was a good deal.

Gearbox

They come apart easy when there wore like that .  That was planed right
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

Kiko, that Ponsse processor you used t service is up here cutting away still. Pushing 30K hours, Jake just called me the other day and thought the engine had finally given up the ghost. He was ready to put a new engine in, and didn't even feel bad about it. Well, it turns out it was just a bad ECM, it just got delivered back to the woods this afternoon to go cut some more😁 

mike_belben

Thats a lotta bd feet!  I found the buyers for half a dozen cut up cat 235[A] excavators and 966 wheel loaders from the 70s.  19k hours is the highest meter i ever saw.  Granted a few prob croaked before the machines.

Was there ever a skidder with any form of suspension at either end?  I cant help but think an unspring chassis has no choice but to hammer the center pin and axle cradle pivots. 
Praise The Lord

Logger RK

When I bought my TF C7D,the guy I bought it from said he'd changed the cradle pins. He used soft steel for the pins. Grease holes got plugged & after a few months it took it apart & they looked like the one there's a picture of. 

kiko

Barbender, those kind of hours are rare as hens teeth down here, A random knucle boom not operating a delimber I have seen that high.  I think the summer temps shorten engine life.  Extreme heat always blows the engines on the edge of failure. 
Mike, not that it matters but this is a buncher.  I have never seen a skidder with any kind of suspention .  I doubt it would take more than a day or two to rip that out from under a skidder.

Thank You Sponsors!