iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unknown South Eastern tree

Started by wills widow, May 03, 2006, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Good detective work Riles. I had no clue. -16 C winters keeps that stuff at bay. ;) I can't think of any doubly compound trees or woody shrubs in my area. Apparently, it is in the mahogany family as woodbowl suggested from what I have been able to google.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Riles

Timing is everything. You guys keep giving me the tree the dendro professor gave me the previous day, and I'll continue to amaze you with my short term memory. Worked great with the devil's-walkingstick too.

Come to think about it, Sprucebunny posted a question about red heart right after I had that in Pathology. Somebody out there is psychic.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

LeeB

Another name for it is soap berry. the indians in the southwest used to use the berries to wash with. It looks like Mahogany because it is actualy a member of the mahogany family. The berries look like they over wintered. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

DanG smart Alec college kids, had me fooled, I was working on Zumi crab apple, but the leaves were wrong.

Good shot, Riles.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Pullinchips

Beat to the punch as i just came across the post.  Those grow between all my fields in lancaster county.  They are china berry and is in the mahogany family. But this has already been said and solved. 

-Nate
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

Thank You Sponsors!