iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got to meet a legand!

Started by customsawyer, May 22, 2010, 06:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I am stealing a bit more time off from the mill than what I needed for the show in Richmond so the wife and I decided to take the bike and go see the black hills of South Dakota. Wow what a ride! I was able to sneak up on Bro Noble, who just happens to be a great host. His family was kind enough to share their home with the wife and I. We then left Noble's place yesterday morning and looped around through some more breath taking country and popped in on the Arkansawyer.
Thanks to both of you for the time that you shared with me. Jake

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

bandmiller2

Its kinda like having family in every state. Frank c.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Maybe even better.  I have family that would be boring.  They don't saw.  :)  :D

Congrats on what sounds like a fun trip.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

Sounds like a lot of fun....I just got me another bike after being without for about 25 years.....I had never let my licence laps....it was just a matter of time...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

LeeB

Too bad I didn't know you were coming. i would have dropped by Arky's to meet you too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

OK, where are the pictures  ??? ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

I was wondering the same thing.  Pictures?

A picture of all three legends of the sawyer world would be great.....even if not all together.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bro. Noble

Well,  here is the picture you asked for----kinda ;)

My camera is in the attic and I don't think Walmart sells film for it or develops that kind of film anyway,  so this has to be a mental picture ;D

Picture on your left if you will,  a short, potbellied old bald guy.  That's Jake :D
In the middle (the tall dark, handsome, muscular fellow) would be your's truly ;)
And I don't even have to tell you who the guy in the cape,  holding the pet possum, and kissing the baby is :D :D

Wouldn't life be boring without this forum? 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pigman

Good job Noble. 8) I can see the picture clearly in my mind now.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Bro. Noble, I did not know that you had a new baby.  She sure is cute ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

I got a call just a few minutes ago from customsawyer.  He and his wife are in Cheyenne Wyoming.  She is shopping and he is looking for a cool one, after a day in 60 mph cross-winds.  Then, they are going to look for a place to lay their heads.  They are putting on 450, and more, miles per day.  I told him not to chug-a-lug the trip. 

He's got more fun stuff to tell, like meeting his great-grand-nephew.   

I 'spect they'll slow down when they get into the mountains.   So far, everything is hunky dory and they are both having a good time. 

Sure wish I was there.  :D

WDH

I assume that they are on the motorcycle?  That is a long haul.

Tom

I sure hope so, Danny.  :D :D

fishpharmer

Bro. Noble thanks for sharing that image.  It wasn't exactly what I had pictured. :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

customsawyer

I'm getting the pic. too. You guys will talk behind a man's back. :D

We will post some great pics. when we get back, hope you folks can wait that long as we are not in a hurry.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

captain_crunch

I will waite for pics Beings I have wonderings about Bro Nobel's version of it as my cape is still in closet 8) 8) 8)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: captain_crunch on May 23, 2010, 11:44:56 PM
I will waite for pics Beings I have wonderings about Bro Nobel's version of it as my cape is still in closet 8) 8) 8)

Nope, not gonna touch that line, not even with a twenty foot pole...

Herb

customsawyer

Its alright I brought my cape to share with others as they need it.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Captain

That Bro. Noble is a great host.  One of my favorite FF visits while on the road.

Captain

Roxie

Did you get to meet Bro. Noble's stoopid cows?  Was Arky still wearing the aluminum foil hat?  Inquiring minds need to know! 
Say when

Bro. Noble

Captain Crunch, 

The creeks were up when Jake and Loraine were here so they had to go Downstream to the next bridge which is higher-------at Hodgsons Mill :D :D  Maybe they took a picture?  They then went over suicide hill and into Gainesville where Ozark County's traffic light is located and on to see some politician down in Arkansas ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

Been to Gainesville, didn't have a clue where I was, just roaming after the army.  Shoot, I may have honked my horn at your stoopid cows 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

That's too bad, Noble.  We had a risin' of Creeks down here along about 1813. took nearly three years to get'em settled back down again.

WDH

If you were a Creek, you would rise too given what all happened.

ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!