iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your dumb phone, err I mean smart phone of choice

Started by Sedgehammer, March 01, 2021, 08:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

After about the 10 broken screens, I'm done with these newer rolled edges phones. I had to move down to a Samsung Galaxy A71. It allows for a fully raised edge for a screen protector. The newer ones the outside edges are lower than the screen. The phone case i will now get has the insert that pops over the front of the phone, allowing about 3/16 raised edge or so. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

firefighter ontheside

I know what you mean.  About 6 months ago we went from Sprint to ATT and in the process we needed to trade on of our phones in for a new one.  I wanted to keep my phone, because I didn't like the idea of the larger new phone we would get that had the curved edge.  I made my wife turn in her phone and I kept my Galaxy S9 I think it is.  My phone is always in an Otterbox and clipped into the holster.  If I were to keep it in a pocket or such it would surely get broken.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

aigheadish

I've got a Samsung Note 8 with the curved edges. It's treated me alright. I need to talk myself into a dumb phone to be less on the grid.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Wudman

I'm using a Motorola G7 Optimo Maxx.  It is an older phone but it does all that anyone could ever need.  It has a bigger screen, which I wanted, and its paired with an Otterbox clone.  I haven't broken it with a couple years use, so I'm happy.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!