iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

serious chainsaw accidents

Started by knuckledragger, March 28, 2018, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

I almost got a set the other day but wifes driving 140 mile round trip right now and the car needs attention asap.. Its been put off again, ive never had the chance to try chaps on.  I wear boots, pants and a forestry helmet.. Not sayin im for being totally wreckless, just to clarify
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

@mike_belben
Then at least try some of the pads that go inside your jeans it's at least something between you and the chain.

mike_belben

i will eventually get really real chaps, its been on the list but i know it needs to get bumped up a few priority notches.. I'm getting too old to stay so stupid. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

Mike, you're not stupid, you're "prioritizing"!

Lots of people don't use chaps or other PPE, just keep in mind what an ER bill runs! (IF you live through it)
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

one thing that i think will help me is I'm trying to focus on cutting firewood/tsi/hobby logging only in the cool season to keep my tick and chigger issues down.  its so hot in summer that sheets of sweat just glue your clothes on and you can't feel that you've got 80 seed ticks marching up a calf until that night in the shower.. then you're begging someone to dig them out of your armpits.  i struggle even to put jeans on in summer so to think i have to add chaps on top makes me loathe even owning a pair.  but if i just compartmentalize that activity to cool weather it shouldn't be an issue.  i hate being cold so maybe i will actually like them. i were double thick insulated carhartt pants with the big leg zippers all winter, probably just like wearing chaps. 

summer time i have tons of industrial stuff going full tilt in the shop section of our place and don't venture in the bush much because of the insects. also not to bump fawns for the dogs and coyotes to get. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Quote from: Tacotodd on April 01, 2021, 07:19:30 AMjust keep in mind what an ER bill runs! (IF you live through it)
can't get it out of my mind because I'm still paying for my last one.. no insurance.  just laying in the bed itself was $380ish an hour.  thats before the doc, the EKG, MRI, Xray, bloodwork...

i own a kenworth that's mine only because the young tree pro that owned it was crushed to death by a tree at 28.  so i know.. its real.  its deadly work, you need all the advantages you can get and that could be any of us any day.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!