iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 6065e Tier 4 regen?

Started by grweldon, January 05, 2021, 09:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grweldon

I bought a 2018 John Deere 6065e in August of 2018.  It's got a Tier 4 engine that is supposed to do an automatic regen every once in a while.  I now have 165 hours on it and it's never done a regen.  Up to this point I've been running road diesel... the green stuff.  I can't remember if it's under 15ppm sulphur or under 7ppm.  In any case, my tractor has never done a regen.  I've even tried to make it do one manually and I can't get it to do a regen.

Should I be concerned?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

hedgerow

If you don't have any check engine lights on and the engine has derated it self it must not be calling for a regen. I am surprised its not calling for it and a light is not on. I would call JD and check with them. If its got a problem you want it taken care of before the emission warranty is up. This is the reason I updated when you still could get the tier 3 engines. I am old enough I hope to never have a tier 4 but I am sure I will some time. Its getting to the point you can't hardly get them deleted any more either. 

Skeans1

Quote from: grweldon on January 05, 2021, 09:39:02 PM
I bought a 2018 John Deere 6065e in August of 2018.  It's got a Tier 4 engine that is supposed to do an automatic regen every once in a while.  I now have 165 hours on it and it's never done a regen.  Up to this point I've been running road diesel... the green stuff.  I can't remember if it's under 15ppm sulphur or under 7ppm.  In any case, my tractor has never done a regen.  I've even tried to make it do one manually and I can't get it to do a regen.

Should I be concerned?
The 9 liter 6090 Deere engine we have in our harvester is Tier 4 it doesn't burn that often either it's per X amount of gallons of fuel used.
Quote from: hedgerow on January 07, 2021, 03:17:05 PM
If you don't have any check engine lights on and the engine has derated it self it must not be calling for a regen. I am surprised its not calling for it and a light is not on. I would call JD and check with them. If its got a problem you want it taken care of before the emission warranty is up. This is the reason I updated when you still could get the tier 3 engines. I am old enough I hope to never have a tier 4 but I am sure I will some time. Its getting to the point you can't hardly get them deleted any more either.
I'd take a tier 4 over the three any day one reason is they don't burn as hot all the time. Two they're easier on fuel and most of the time they'll have a longer warranty then the tier 3.

grweldon

Thank you gentlemen for your replies.  I can't even FORCE a regen...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Stoneyacrefarm

For what it's worth. 
I have a 2017 5085E with 445 hours on it that hasn't had to do a regen yet. 
My dealer said it will do it when it needs it. 
He said keep running it the way I am. 
So far it's been an excellent tractor. 
Pop the hood and make sure to slide the radiators out and clean them if you're in dusty ground. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

PoginyHill

My Kubota 71hp tier 4 Regens about every 20-30 hrs. I'm guess those that go a looonnng time between regens must run it hot or hard consistently so as not to collect much junk in the DPF. My use is more lightly loaded.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Stoneyacrefarm

When I bought the tractor they said I had to run it hot and not leave it idling like the old style tractors. 
Seems to be working like they explained it to me. 
No complaints yet. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

grweldon

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on January 11, 2021, 08:23:07 PM
When I bought the tractor they said I had to run it hot and not leave it idling like the old style tractors.
Seems to be working like they explained it to me.
No complaints yet.
I'm comforted to know that your tractor has over 400 hours and hasn't done a regen.  Do you, by chance, use 15ppm sulfer (road diesel)?

Stoneyacrefarm

I am using on road diesel. 
I always buy my fuel from the same place and use the same additive. 
No winter fuel issues yet and it's been almost 8 years. 
Years ago I used home heating fuel and off road fuel. 
Whatever was cheaper. 
Had problems with fuel lines and inline filters getting gummy. 
Seems like no issues by using the same place for fuel all the time. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!