Sponsors:

Pig Roast meeting

Started by Tacotodd, March 13, 2021, 03:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacotodd

Any chance that you ladies will show up for @Jeff Pig Roast this year? My wife and I would be THRILLED to meet you!!!!! Whether or not you do anything is up to you. It's going to be my first 1. I just reserved our motel rooms late Friday night. I'm trying to give my wife even more incentive to come out and have fun. I'll plead if I have to. It's not above me, if necessary.
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

She really has nothing to be anxious about. This is a family event and there are just as many wives as husbands, and remember,  the pigroast actually starts friday afternoon. We put the pig on Friday,we have a giant boiled dinner, bonfire and visiting.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAB

The first time my wife and I went to a PR we knew no one there (otyher than each other) and after 10 to 15 minutes felt more comfortable than at some family reunions.  If you do not come it'll be your loss, but you'll never know how much of a loss it was.
Suggestion: bring business cards to share with others you never know when it will payoff for you.
As an example: at one PR I got MM's business card.  Fast forward a while and I got an invite to an open house at W-M ME.  Looked at the address on the card and said that is the same town as the "Individual" who is bashing GRITS lives in.
Called MM and at my request he sent me an autographed box of you guessed it GRITS which we delivered after the open house.
As a thank you to MM I sent him a box of Vermont's fine sweetness.  Look up "Crime does pay" to see what MM did.
On our Alaska trip in "17 we stopped in and visited with some FF members.  Why in the middle of nowheres BC we found Percy.
We've already reserved a campground site and plan on being there this year.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

trapper

My wife is on the forestry forum females page on facebook which was started at the last pigroast.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: trapper on March 15, 2021, 10:39:31 PM
My wife is on the forestry forum females page on facebook which was started at the last pigroast.
What is the name of this group? I looked and can't find it. Was thinking if I could get my wife interested it might help tip the scales.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

I don't know that there is an actual facebook page, I think that a bunch of them friended each other at one of the roasts and keep up with each other that way.  Tammy says search her out. Tammy williams brokaw. Heck search me out. I'm the untamed version of what you find here. :D

doc henderson

my wife and adult kids had a good time last year.  We pulled our trailer and also saw the sites, including the memorial and went up north across the bridge.  even stopped at a logging museum.  My daughter Monique won a par of leg-right bench legs.  It is possible we had a little accent for a few weeks when we returned. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

petefrom bearswamp

Wife and I will be attending a pig roast, unfortunately not the fun one in Harrison.
Grandsons graduation party, I have to deliver the roaster and our presence is mandatory.
Will miss seeing lots of forum friends.
Mr Greenhorn, my wife, who started the group,  says send her name via PM and she will invite her.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Old Greenhorn

Thanks, Let me see if I can get her to look.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

Not even Tammy knew that existed. You'd of thought eh?

Old Greenhorn

Well, I girded my loins and shot the question to her and she didn't shut me down and even has an open mind so let's see if we can make this happen! (PM sent also). I felt cheated last year because as a newly retired person I had just a couple of things on my 'list' that I had wanted to do to recognize my new found freedom. One was the Pig Roast, one was Woodsman Days in Booneville, and the other was enjoying my time and spending a few extra days at Grey fox. All of that was cancelled and I am getting a real itch working up by now to go 'do something fun'.
 If any of the other wives in the group are quilters, maybe they could help egg her on? That would surely distract her. ;D

Jeff

Okay, I don't do this often, but I snuck down to the other end of the house and snapped a couple pictures.  I gotta go out to the polebarn now and rill in some grease and sawdust in case I got to close to something.

Old Greenhorn

OK Then! Maybe that photo will hep. :)
 Does anybody stay at the  Lakeside Motel and cottages about 3 minutes from the house. Any reviews or comments? Still very early on here for me in the process, but with a non-refundable deposit I should really do some homework.

doc henderson

my wife is learning, new to quilting.  maybe they can teach her a thing or two, or make a quilt.  sounds easy enough.  what's it take an hour or two.  (that should get them riled and ready to come meet this guy!)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

I stayed there once.  It is a small place with small rooms with very few amenities.  OK for a guy like me by myself but I would not want to take the wife there.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WDH on March 16, 2021, 08:15:40 PM
I stayed there once.  It is a small place with small rooms with very few amenities.  OK for a guy like me by myself but I would not want to take the wife there.
OK, thanks. We are zeroing in on a place (before my wife changes her mind) and that isn't it. BTW, are you playing bass again this year?

WDH

I sure would like to come.  I have come for the last 13 straight years.  It is a special treat to me.  However, I am not sure that I can come this year.  I will if there is a way, and it there is a way and a bass, I will certainly give it a shot.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Well I sure hope you can come, this is a big trip for us, I'm not sure how often we could do it, assuming it happens again and I'd love to meet you and jaw a little.
 BTW, they don't have mosquitoes there do they? I hate mosquitoes and they love me.  ;D

WDH

The mosquitos plan all year for me to be there that very weekend.

Jeff

We find the palest guy and stake em out, so misquitoes generally are distracted.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on March 16, 2021, 08:43:37 PM
We find the palest guy and stake em out, so misquitoes generally are distracted.
Guess I'd better work on my tan. But can't get started for a few weeks yet. It's a bot early to break out the speedo. ;D

Southside

Danny - you are welcome to hop in for a ride if that helps.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

trapper

my wife and I stay at lakeside  Last pigroast several of us stayed there.   names i remember are youkon and sheepherder.   got our reservation in.    right around the lake from Jeff.  Not fancy but works for us.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!