iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

100 ft dead pine

Started by slider, April 14, 2021, 02:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I've also noticed that my generously sized nose attracts a lot of hits, it's been broken several times.
Too many irons in the fire

slider

Caveman you are correct i should have been looking up. 
al glenn

Hilltop366

I don't think anyone should be any were near a dead tree when the pulling starts, it is bound to shed something on the way down. It is risky enough just cutting let alone pulling or falling on it's own.

slider

hilltop you are correct and i will agree . i know better . just got in a hurry for no reason . This one tuned me up. i have had much worse but i was prepared . this one was an easy tree and i dropped my guard . it will not happen again.
al glenn

Hilltop366

Everyone gets a reminder once in a while, if your lucky you live to tell the tale, play safe!

slider

Finished a good job this weekend .Started 3 weeks ago and had to wait until it dried up to come back. There were 3 120 footers near and one over part of the house . For 3 weeks i have been thinking about those 3. Thankfully they were not dead and could drop them in the yard after trimming and missing the septic tank. It,s done with no mistakes ,i can sleep better now. 

December will be 13 years and not had to make an insurance claim ,i hope it last.
al glenn

slider

Normally don,t work on Sunday but today i had to put three down and 3 more easy trees behind us . why we worked was to get those three big ones off my mind and it is now ,i can sleep well.

I brought my weekend climber in to help out . On 2 he was at 60 ft with a 550 i with a 36 in bar.that is a big saw to run out of a bucket . He climbs and runs the bucket . We could not just drop them because of power lines. 

I run the bucket during the week but save the difficult jobs for him . it is so nice to have good help . Not always i did one this week that was a challenge but we did it without wrecking a new shelter. Not an easy job but it worked and it keeps me thinking . i have to think to keep going.
al glenn

sawguy21

A former coworker got cocky and was spiked by a widowmaker, he is in a wheelchair. Stay safe, I would rather talk to you than about you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

slider

Thanks Sawguy . at my age i am not cocky and all about my crew being safe. 
al glenn

Andries

Hey slider, good to hear that all is well down your way.
A long bar on a MS550 and 60 feet up, now that is BIG tree country! Well done on another arborist season. 👍
We've now got six inches of snow that'll be with us until April. The tree service is shut down for the year, but I'm going out to shovel the snow offa the LT40. 
I'll mill a bit more until the temps get down to the painful part of the thermometer. 😩
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

slider

Andries we don,t have much snow here in georgia but it has been one wet year. We have been having to pick our jobs that were on somewhat high ground. I am going back to the last job that we did and hope my ms 251 is there . I have 2 but one did not make it home. we take 5 or 6 saws when we work i guess i lost count.

Hope to see you and your wife next year at Jakes if he can have the project.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!