iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stolen sawmill

Started by bruce29, June 03, 2021, 05:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Woodpecker52

So if he won't finish the story I guess we will have to for him:

It was 3 am and the phone rings, I stumbled out of bed and reached for my I phone on my nightstand, there  was a  raspy voice on the other end, and he says " Is this bruce 29" and I says who in the heck is calling me at this time of night?
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

metalspinner

"I'm going to cut something off every hour on the hour until the ransom demands are met. And believe me, what I cut off will be missed!," says Raspy Voice
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Southside

After the intelligence was confirmed, and the briefing completed, the 16 of us loaded our gear onto the warming up bird for the infil ride....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Unfortunately the gas light was on. chopper fuel prices are outrageous!  and our electric one was still in the shop for battery issues. 

So we saddled up the donkeys...
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

So since the operation was across the state lines we had to have health papers on the donkeys. So an after hours  text was sent to the local vet. He saw it two hours later when he stopped for roofing supplies..The local vet called  back and said sorry he had gotten done at the office and headed up to the cabin  at closing time.  Thus stalling the trip across state lines til another vet could be reached. Mean while parts are starting to come off of the mill.

(Loosely based on a true story from last night) ;)

welderskelter

Now that we have crossed state lines this is a federal issue. Not sure which government office will prosecute. May have to wait till 2024 before any investigations can be done. The mill will be impounded until done. To check for fingerprints. Cant remember the names of the federal investigators as it has been so long since their last case they may have died. We will be in touch thru the swat teams at 3;00 oclock in the morning.

mike_belben

Being outlaw sawmillers with no patience for big brother and his procedures, i said pith on it and backed my donkey up to the gates of the impound lot where the mill had been brought for holding until the 'investigation' concludes.  But my old wrinkled ass wasnt strong enough. 

After a braveheart speech, then a good huddle and a few rounds of 'come and take its' and 'molon labes!' with fistbumps and bro hugs sprinkled in between... My comrades and i rigged our survival bracelets and 5.11 tacticool web belts to team up our donkeys to the gate.  

With the whole team in 4 low and running on 16 cylinders, they gee'd and haw'd those hinges plum off.
Praise The Lord

Hilltop366

As it turns out the DOJ has been on the case for a while now, not only has SNL, Colbert, Meyers, and Kimmel been under investigation for bad jokes and bad impressions it has been discovered that they run a nation wide sawmill theft and chop shop.

PS, Glad you got your mill back!

Southside

There are some scenes that training just can't prepare you for. I thought I had seen the worst of humanity. The deprivation, the pure evil that would allow one to conduct such torture, it was him holding  the Vice Grips that sent me over the edge. Of all tools he could have used. Rage boiled inside of me, all I saw was red, I snapped, blacked out. In hindsight I forget the mill had been painted red originally...
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Patched members wear your cuts.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

During the investigation the search dog was called in and checked the mill from stem to stern and alerted so the mill was cut into pieces searching for drugs, weapons and illegal/conflict diamonds. None were found so Nebraska was called in as a consultant to evaluate the search dogs behavior and quickly determined the thief's girlfriend had a female poodle in heat that had piddled all over the mill in her excitement over such a thrilling piece of machinery. The search dog being an un-neutered male mis-read the trail and caused misery and woe to all. To ensure the search dog does not repeat the mistake he went ahead and neutered him. Nebraska was last seen headed for Rock Hill SC with his neutering knife in his back pocket to consult with friends there about problems with a misbehaving goat. The story continues.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

welderskelter

Bruce29 must be down there huggin and kissin his sawmill. Hope his wife dont catch him, women get kinda narrow minded when they dont get their share.

Lynwoo

now as this saga has contained pooches that may or may not have been psychologically damaged the office of unhumaine pooch handling (uph) has sent special agent in charge gruff mc gruff from the national center for proper pooch handling to investigate the alleged attempted possible causes of non reproducibility in traumatized pooches.  Little is known about this all too often event and with proper funding and administering the special secret oath this could be the breakthrough that has so often been the silent wish for so many victims. 

All kidding aside I as well rejoice in you finding your goods.

Don P

I'm starting to think the recovery was a ruse by the miscreants because they had sawn the clamps off and realized none too soon that they needed to kidnap an operator.

Southside

We would have found the mill a lot sooner but Master Chief Jeff kept stopping at every piece of lumber he saw along the trail and had to analyze it.  What type of mill was it sawn on?  Left hand or right hand?  Was this from the missing mill? Then Squad leader @WDH would stop and measure all of the big trees along the way hoping to find a new state record.   No need to mention the team member who kept rolling over the 4 wheeler on every hill. Just flip him back over and on our way we would go.  On a good note he kept the team fed with fresh catfish.   ;D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

When i have my FF cut on I carry a 48" Logrite peavey .
While looking for crooks .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Nebraska

Bruno  you are not alone.

Thank You Sponsors!