iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Updating some of the saw fleet

Started by Old saw fixer, June 05, 2021, 09:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old saw fixer

I spent some time in the shop playing with saws.  I switched the 017 b&c from .043  Picco Mini to .050 Picco PS3 3/8 low profile, then changed the ¼ Picco Mini b&c on the HT 32 pole saw to the b&c I took off the 017.  I only needed to change the sprocket to 3/8 lp. 14" b&c on both units.  The 017 and the 036 Pro got new fuel hoses, fuel filters and air filters.  
     The ¼ mini chain makes a nice clean pruning cut, but I am clearing grapevine and multiflora rose entwined autumn olive from field edges and tractor paths.  When I trim limbs around the house I will put the ¼ pitch b&c back on the pole saw.  Or I may get a second head for the HT 32.  I work by myself most of the time, so I work slowly and try to work safely.  My brother some times helps, but then I need to watch him.  I put my saws, ppe, and water in a trailer I pull behind my Wheel Horse 314 garden tractor.  I quit when I get tired and head for the house, usually around 3PM.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Tacotodd

It's a good idea to stop when you're tired because that's when a LOT of life changing mistakes are made. I've been lucky so far that I get VERY tired quickly so that problem is self alleviating. I'm just going to think about what my next plan of action is rather than immediately jump right into it, and get something to drink 🥲
Trying harder everyday.

DHansen

You sure worked your plan and have it thought out well.  Glad you enjoyed your day.  

thedoublejranch

Man, just reading about all that made me tired, going to take a break now. ;D
The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm.
Member "NWOA" National Woodland Owners Association"

Thank You Sponsors!