iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veggie Garden 2021

Started by SwampDonkey, June 05, 2021, 01:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

That little devil! Look closely and he's there lurking! Bugger got my green peas
A1

thecfarm

I was looking for a wood chunk!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on July 09, 2021, 07:36:16 PM
I was looking for a wood chunk!!
He's out back on the wood pile lol 
A1

newoodguy78

Applying some iron herbicide after the much needed rain 

21incher

Harvested the shallots today spread them out to dry in the garage because rain is predicted for the next 10 days and started some carrots lacto fermenting with a little dill weed.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

3 3/4 inches of rain Saturday. Please send some sunshine as I can't take much more rain. My tomatoes are exploding open from the rain. At least the yellow squash like it

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

I stopped counting when we went over 7" for the month, and we just had a shower pass over so that makes at least 19 days in a row with measurable rain. I am beyond depressed.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Well, we may get rain Wednesday up here. We've missed all the rain for over a week, either went out the St Lawrence or across the Fundy. ::)

Cukes are coming on now, be two weeks before I pick one though. Lots of tomatoes setting, lots of blooms to. Still eating peppers, I did can some but to eat from now, not long time storage. Looks like I may get some squash by the end of the summer, but not as many plants as last year, so no wheel barrow load. Onions are doing good, been eating lettuce and onions also.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Picked a peck of peppers. ;D Jalapeno and bell. Gotta freeze some jalapenos again. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

The growing conditions this year are nearly perfect for tomatoes .I've got "big boy " vines up over 8 feet high  and loaded .I'm going to need to guy wire them .Cucumbers look like a jungle .The rabbits got the green beans, should have fired up the electric fence I guess .Yellow squash I have no idea as I don't normally have good luck with them or peppers for some reason .

mike_belben

I growed them taters, just before i ate them. Looked ugly but sure tasted fine.  Made the stock also. And the firewood i smoked it on.  Next year maybe ill grow the pork in there to boot.
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Mighty tasty, been having hodgepodge here: beans ,taters, carrots. smiley_thumbsup

Cousins up the hill raise hogs and chickens.

SwampDonkey

I've got Big Beef and Scotian tomatoes, both plants are 5 feet high and lots of fruit. Mine are staked as shown above. Won't know one from the other until they mature. :D

I see some squash forming this week, the good female blossoms that make squash. :)

mike_belben

I self pollinate those and cukes until the bees really find the plot and setup shop in the dead of hot weather.   Screwy fruit is caused by incomplete pollination. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Lots of hymenoptera to pollinate around here. ;)

newoodguy78

The beans are in, Picked these today

Mooseherder

that's a serious bean picker. :)

mike_belben

Yeah ill say!

We're gardening.  That guys FARMING. 

8)
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

:D You're in it to make money,,,,,, to pay the equipment dealer. :D

Al_Smith

Reminds me of my childhood .8 to 10 rows of green beans 100 feet long to a ten year old looked like a mile .The entire garden was about a 1/2 - 3/4  acre .
Each picking of the sweet corn was nearly a bushel .We ate what we wanted and froze the rest .It takes a lot of produce to feed a family of seven . That that became too far long was shocked and fed to the Shetland ponies  .
My dad plowed and disked it with an Allis Chalmers model B circa 1938 crank start  and planted it with a Husky garden tractor with a one row seeder .That was the extent of what he did, us kids did the rest .I own both those machines now .I rebuilt the Allis when I was 16 years old . Semi mount 14" plow that will pull the front end off the ground in hard sod .Not bad for 14 drawbar HP .

newoodguy78

I may be farming but I wish more people had gardens like you guys. Gives a person a much better perspective on the challenges involved in producing food 

bannerd

Pigs are the way to go if you can raise them.  We used pigs to clear some land and I have to say.. there is nothing you cannot grow in that soil.  Funny thing is... everything you fed your pigs that had a seed will grow.  If you keep pigs through the winter and into the spring, then move them to a new field or bush.  Stake the field they were in and you'll have a custom garden

8)

It won't be organized but hell.. it will grow like crazy!

BradMarks

Picked pole beans which will become dilly beans, carrots are good and tasty, peppers coming on, and lots of green tomatoes. Too many zucchini for only one plant. Fall peas about 6" tall, used seed saved from the first planting. And the tomatillos are starting to have lanterns hanging. 100* forecast today.

Mooseherder

Taking a break during the afternoon in the garden eating fresh peas and carrots is rewarding. I think the zucchini is a week or 2 from being ready. 

mike_belben

I think ill have half a wheelbarrow of volunteer butternut soon.  I need to start pickling cukes but its been so darn hot i dont want to be near stove or flame.  Keep giving the cukes away to the meth heads. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!