iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prius blocking the diesel pump.

Started by Patrick NC, June 10, 2021, 12:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

I was getting low on fuel this morning so I pulled into a gas station and this little Prius was pulling up to the only pump that has diesel. Nevermind that there's 6 other gas only pumps. I didn't feel like starting my day off angry, so I just let it go and decided to wait. This wormy looking little guy with a man bun hops out and heads directly into the store without pumping gas. That kinda irked me a little, but I just waited figuring he'd pay and be right out to pump his gas. After about 5 minutes I just parked and went in the store to get a couple things and when I got to the counter ole wormy was standing there buying lottery tickets. That just about sent me off the deep end, so I set my stuff on the counter and turned to leave. The little fella turned to me and said kind of sarcastically, " excuse me, am I in your way". I bit my lower lip and said " more than you know". At that point I just went down the road a couple of miles to the next station before I ended up with an assault charge or worse. Sorry to unload that on y'all, but I had to vent somewhere!
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Tacotodd

I'd of at least verbally unloaded on that miserable little dude, because things like that SO irritate me. BUT, he'll get what he deserves in the end.

It's just so hard to even begin to understand people like that.
Trying harder everyday.

moodnacreek

2 things: he saw the green nozzel and knew that was his pump and after you left he did his scratch offs on the hood while others waited.

Claybraker

Yeah twerps thinking they are gonna hit it big, if man bun put the money he spends on scratch off into FZROX, he could afford a decent BMW like my 2017. Or my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel. He's probably got a job, because he needs the money. Lottery tickets are know as a tax on the stupid.  I play every now and then, it's cheap entertainment. Monopolizing the clerks time is just rude. Was his name Chad, in a relationship with Karen? Inquiring minds want to know.

WV Sawmiller

Patrick,

Couldn't you just have pulled up so close you were almost scubbing his P and dragged the diesel hose across the top of his car to fill your tank. You'd have to be real careful putting the hose back up so none of the diesel left in the nozzle accidentally dripped on his car or anything. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

I would have asked him (politely) to move his car so I could reach the pump and allow him to make a complete fool of himself.  Mind you, anybody wearing a 'man bun' ::) has already done that. A dab of grease on his door handle wouldn't have been out of line. Just sayin'
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patrick NC

There was a time not to many years ago that I would have used my front bumper to scoot his Prius up far enough for me to reach the pump and dared him to say something. But in this modern snowflake world of attorneys and calling the cops, I went against my gut instinct and walked away. The more people I interact with in this new and improved modern world, the more I like my dog. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

btulloh

You showed amazing restraint especially considering all the factors. It's hard to  come out on top with clueless arrogant morons like that. 

A wet sponge between the battery terminals on a bmw was a pretty good response by Walter White, but there was some TV magic involved. 
HM126

HemlockKing

A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: btulloh on June 10, 2021, 03:27:53 PM
You showed amazing restraint especially considering all the factors. It's hard to  come out on top with clueless arrogant morons like that.

A wet sponge between the battery terminals on a bmw was a pretty good response by Walter White, but there was some TV magic involved.
Those people just aren't worth it, no amount of lecturing or reasoning will change their attitude or ignorance, you can get involved sure and dish out justice but... then you're mad for the rest of the day... or I would be anyway. I don't like being angry. 
A1

Lostinmn

Good on you!

Winston Churchill famously said: "You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." 

Though this particular dog sounded mightily trying.... 

Old Greenhorn

There is a limit and that is past mine. The local place is on the main drag and full of transients (some call them tourists) on the weekends (Wednesday to Monday). Last week I went in the fuel up and a car pulled in in front of me, so I too, figured I would just wait behind them. No rush, right? The male gets out of the car and goes in the store, I figure he is paying ahead. The gal sits in the drivers seat messing with her phone. Al the other pumps have cars or trucks but I missed a few opportunities to get a pump. Eventually I get antsy and manage to get to a pump, buy my gas, park, go in and get my beer or whatever, then come out and the car is still there. So I sit for a minute and see the guy come out and get in the car. Another couple of minutes and they drive off. Never bought gas. She parked there so she could be in the shade! I see a lot of this stuff there and have started making a longer drive to get gas, cheaper and quicker. That stuff makes me nuts and can set me on a rage if I'm not careful. Only once, many many years ago I did push a car out of my way and I can't remember the circumstances, but I clearly recall that it felt very good and was worth the little bit of bumper damage to my '73 dodge ramcharger with no second thoughts or regrets.... and no after effects. 
 I think I see people like that and equate them with the folks that park next to fire hydrants, they deserve what they get when there is a fire and the trucks show up and punch their windows out the run the hydrant line through. I love those photos. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

dgdrls

I would have told the cashier while the dude was there
that some donkey parked his Prius at the diesel pump and is blocking
paying customers.

D

Southside

Likely the clerk would not care, gets paid the same either way. BUT if you told the clerk you just watched some guy put diesel into a Prius and he was telling everyone it wasn't his car, well ole man bun might just about die right there thinking his car was going to quit running and need to be towed to the dealership. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moodnacreek

And this is why I keep plenty of fuel at home. If I drove to the gas station every time I needed gas I would be in rough shape. Around here the men will not hold the door for woman or give old people a break. They do everything I was raised not to. So I sneak out at the odd times and fill my tanks and take the town roads home, back to the sawmill and the land of make believe .

firefighter ontheside

My favorite station in town has one pump that is diesel only on both sides.  I go to that pump most of the time.  Occasionally I will be on my side pumping diesel and a little car will pull up on the other side.  I watch them for a while and wait for them to try to get gas.  When they start to get a confused look, I will tell them that this pump is diesel only.  

As far as folks blocking the only diesel pump, they are folks that have no idea what diesel is.  They have never used diesel.  They don't know that diesel is sometimes hard to come by.  I would say that they are usually ignorant, but not necessarily arrogant.  It is definitely annoying.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Patrick NC

It's been about 6 years since I really lost my [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] on someone who desperately needed it. That incident cost me a night in jail, attorney fees, and a couple grand in damages. I'm not a big fan of jail food or forking over my money to someone who deserved a beating anyway. Even though it's hard to do, sometimes it's best to just let it go. No matter how bad they're begging for it. But only sometimes. He might catch me on a Monday next time. 

barbender

As much as a good beating is exactly what some people need, it's not worth the civil and legal liability😁
Too many irons in the fire

HemlockKing

Quote from: moodnacreek on June 10, 2021, 09:28:50 PM
And this is why I keep plenty of fuel at home. If I drove to the gas station every time I needed gas I would be in rough shape. Around here the men will not hold the door for woman or give old people a break. They do everything I was raised not to. So I sneak out at the odd times and fill my tanks and take the town roads home, back to the sawmill and the land of make believe .
I can't even drive into town without getting tailgated for going the speed limit, people are just not considerate  at all and only worry about themselves. Either pass or pith off seriously, how does putting a 5 foot space between our vehicles help anything or anyone? It doesn't it just add risks to my life and I don't appreciate that.
A1

moodnacreek

Quote from: HemlockKing on June 11, 2021, 04:40:07 AM
Quote from: moodnacreek on June 10, 2021, 09:28:50 PM
I can't even drive into town without getting tailgated for going the speed limit, people are just not considerate  at all and only worry about themselves. Either pass or pith off seriously, how does putting a 5 foot space between our vehicles help anything or anyone? It doesn't it just add risks to my life and I don't appreciate that.
Today people drive like animals because the police don't patrol the roads anymore [ they do in Pa.]  If you don't get caught in a speed trap you can text and cut people off all day long, no problem.

Resonator

Seen a pickup with a sign on the back: "PRIUS REPELANT", with an arrow pointing towards the smokey diesel exhaust. :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

sawguy21

I had an old Wagoneer that burnt more oil than gas, in retrospect it shouldn't have been on the road. Anyhow I was going down a long hill after dark with some idiot right on my bumper so I turned the key off. Waited a bit then turned it back on while flooring the gas. There was a loud explosion, a bright orange glow and his headlights disappeared! At the bottom I gingerly stepped on the gas, it still ran but was now very loud. Later determined the muffler was split from end to end. I imagine he NEVER did that again. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moodnacreek

I have often thought of putting a used oil injector in my exhaust pipe. Used 2 stroke diesel oil should work.

mike_belben

Id have waited patiently. 

A. Because the lord says play nice.
B. Becuase anyone can plunge a knife into you from behind. 

The pumps arent my yard so i dont have to risk my life defending my right to use them. 
Praise The Lord

Tom King

After the first trip when my truck was new, 21 years ago, waiting behind a car at a pump, with horses in our trailer, I ordered a 56 gallon Aerotransferflow (brand name) replacement fuel tank, and large filler neck.

Since then, I mostly only fill up at truck stops.  Those little nozzles are slow, anyway.

The only trouble is my guesswork with the sending unit wasn't right, so I've used the trip odometer for a fuel gauge, ever since.  I fill it up every 800 miles, just to be safe.

Thank You Sponsors!