iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farmi winch

Started by ironmule2004, July 24, 2021, 02:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironmule2004

Should a Farmi 501 be fairly strong?  I recently bought a used one.  I have a 10K hydraulic winch that I've pulled most of the stuff out with because the Farmi isn't able to.  Im not sure if the clutch is slipping but it doesn't want to disengage at times and i have to turn the pto off.
Thanks

Klicker

I have a Farmi 351P.  It will pull more then I should with my tractor.I wouldn't use one without  FEL or lots of weight up front.The manuals are on line it is not hard to adjust the clutch.
2006 LT 40 HD

mjeselskis

Quote from: ironmule2004 on July 24, 2021, 02:53:31 PM
Should a Farmi 501 be fairly strong?  I recently bought a used one.  I have a 10K hydraulic winch that I've pulled most of the stuff out with because the Farmi isn't able to.  Im not sure if the clutch is slipping but it doesn't want to disengage at times and i have to turn the pto off.
Thanks
Yes, it should be very strong. I had to adjust the clutch on my 351, but it pulled great after that
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

tawilson

When I'm pulling with mine I keep one eye on the tractor because it can flip it over. Or bend a lift arm, a couple times now.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

g_man

I have a 501 - it is very strong. If it won't pull or especially disengage take a look at the clutch engagement spring, levers, pulleys, and cam. Make sue they are free and full travel can be realized. The rotary cam can get loaded with dirt. A little DW40, work it, and blow it out a couple times. Or.... maybe the clutch face is so worn and the adjustment is so tight to compensate that it won't even release.

gg

VTKubotaM6800

When I got my 601 it had no pulling power. I adjusted the clutch several times with no improvement. Ended up having to order the clutch pads and rivets from Farmi - after I replaced those it is an animal. Something moves, log or tractor, before that runs out of pulling power. My clutch pads weren't worn so I think somebody must have sprayed oil onto the drive chain and subsequently soaked the pads. Farmi recommends no oil ever on the drive chain.
M6800, Farmi JL 601 winch, Titan BX26S chipper, Pronovost P-860 snowblower, Woods 9000 backhoe, Stihl MS362C-M

Thank You Sponsors!