iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Bathroom Vanity

Started by DWyatt, July 26, 2021, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWyatt

The main bathroom vanity is in the works. This one is 6'-6" long and will have a double sink and like the last one, it will have a cabinet that sits on the countertop. The wood is QS white Oak (Burr Oak) that Dad and I cut down at his house then sawed and dried last year. Here's a few pictures from this weekend. I am spraying these boxes this evening and they have to be installed by Thursday when they come to measure for countertops. Doors and drawers will be installed after.

Here's the main part of the cabinet, with the supports for the undermount drawer slides. The case it all built out of 3/4" maple plywood and the cabinet has a wall on each end so no finished end panels.

Here's the upper cabinet, it is 4' tall, 18" wide and 14" deep

I had a local shop mix up the stain. It is a pain. Goes on like mud, dries too quick, and has a tendency to look blotchy if you don't get it wiped off right away.

But this wood speaks for itself. Here is the panel for the door of the top cabinet after stain, it has the best figure. I tried my best to grain match for the glue ups on the panels, most of them look real nice, but it's hard to grain match this QS wood.

firefighter ontheside

Very nice.  I love the QS panels.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DWyatt

@firefighter ontheside  Thank You. I took a lot of time cutting out only rift sawn wood for the rail and stiles and trying the maximize the QS wood for the panels. I personally prefer the look that way.

DWyatt

I got the main cabinets sprayed last night and tonight will be installing the drawer glides. Then tomorrow the cabinet has to be installed so they can measure for countertops Thursday, this week may be the death of me. I just got word from my builder that I may have to be the one to install the kitchen cabinets as well, tomorrow :o

Anywho, here's a couple pictures of the upper cabinet after finish. I use a SW precat lacquer, dull rubbed finish.

Thank You Sponsors!