Sponsors:

itch

Started by farmfromkansas, December 07, 2021, 09:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realzed

2 words - COCONUT OIL!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: btulloh on January 26, 2022, 11:28:22 PM
Got to thinking about the extra rinse you mentioned on the clothes. These new high efficiency front loaders (effing front loaders) use very little water for washing and rinsing. It's not hard to imagine that they're not getting all the soap out of the clothes. Seems like that could be a big factor.
New top loaders are the same. We got one, and it's nothing like the old washer we replaced. Same brand. It locks down and auto senses the amount of water needed like front loaders. Smaller agitator to. Makes all kinds of new mechanical noises I never heard come from a washer before. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Quote from: realzed on January 27, 2022, 04:39:21 AM
2 words - COCONUT OIL!
my lady goes through coconut oil by the gallon it seems
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

421Altered

You guys are right about new clothes washer's not using enough water.  How efficient is it if you've got to wash twice or three times to get clothes clean.  I suppose they are ok for people that don't really "work" in their clothes.  The wife and I several years ago bought a Maytag Commercial washer and dryer after reading hundreds of reviews about them.  They were cheaper than the "efficient" machines, and they have old fashioned knobs instead of touch screens.  And boy do they get your work clothes clean!  It uses plenty of water too.  And has a great aggitator.  Go online and read the reviews.  I don't think that they are actually "commercial" machines, but, they seem pretty well made.  Also, I couldn't find these in stores, so ordered on line.  We have not been disappointed.  And no, I'm not getting paid to promote them!! LOL

421Altered

Also, a really good product for generally dry skin is Aveeno.  It comes in all kinds of lotions, washes, even shampoos.  We get it from Wallyworld.

421Altered

Btulloh,  Same here!  I took a hot shower tonite!  But, when my itching gets really bad, I'll shorten it up and use cooler water.  It's whatever works for your skin.  

luap

I think your problem would be solved if you go see a dermatologist but don't put it off as it takes 6 months here to get an appointment that took care of any dry skin problems I had. They can also prescribe products that are not over the counter. Another good thing I was using Selsun Blu for dry scalp and she told me apply to any problem areas twenty minutes before I showered, worked great. Every body should have an annual skin exam anyway with the prevalence of skin cancer.

mike_belben

I dont get dry skin anywhere but my hands.  I have absolutely determined that anything antibacterial/sanitizer makes it tremendously worse.  If i go pet the dog and get dirty the skin improves as it picks up the native bacteria again.  I have to wear dish gloves or my hands will bleed and sting. 
Praise The Lord

farmfromkansas

Mike, I have a neighbor who has terrible looking dry hands.  Was at the coop the other day and a guy who works there said he had the same problem, and doctor prescribed a antifungal treatment and the awful hand skin went away.  Similar to toenail fungus.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Ed_K

Rita an I use a hand rub called working hands. Comes in a small green tub, there's different colors for different uses.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!