iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pallets

Started by Bruno of NH, August 16, 2022, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

After I built pallets for the bridge company, I put an add on Facebook Market place with pallets for sale.
I got lots of trolls from a New England state saying you'll never sell them they are free on every corner.
Got a order today from Facebook Market place for 100 .
The customer said he could get used for $5 each but going to buy from me because they are built much better.
My point never give up. Things can be marketed and sold.
I like proving trolls wrong.
I done it all my life
He can't play sports too fat
He can't climb on that roof too fat
He can't white water canoe too fat
He can't start 3 business too fat
Never quit or give up 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Did a test on building pallets with a Paslode cordless nail vs Bostitch air coil nailer.
Bostitch wins when pallet building.
Bump firing is the key for speed
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

barbender

You are an inspiration Bruno! I was just thinking of you yesterday, I had lots of lumber and firewood orders to get out, but I did something to a knee and it was hurting bad. I wanted to just go lay on the couch, but I thought, "Bruno is out there every day on TWO bad knees!". So I pushed through. 
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Right on Bruno 💪💪💪💪

trimguy

Peter Drouin

Keep at it, Or lay down and die.  ;) 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jimbarry

Bruno of NH

If I was to die in the mill yard working,I would be going out doing something I enjoyed. 
My Dad past of lung cancer and that's no way to go.
I enjoy working always have.

230Dforme

Good evening Bruno, I look at FF several times a day and really enjoy it, although I  rarely participate.
Your posts are enjoyable and informative, and other
members are eager to to reply
Don't ever doubt your self, or listen to others nonsense 
If we were closer, I am am sure we would be good
friends and working together 

Go get em
Dave
Lake George, NY

Magicman

Quote from: 230Dforme on September 12, 2022, 08:04:40 PMIf we were closer, I am am sure we would be good friends and working together
Don't let the distance hold you back. 

I drove over 1500 miles to meet Jim.  move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

100 ready for pick-up 

JoshNZ

What's your jig look like Bruno, mind me asking?

Ive decided to palletise our sawing operation, sick of double handling.

I've only made a handful so far, not been too fussy about gaps and overhang. Soon realise how heavy a Paslode is when you've put a dozen rows through it in ten minutes, need a nail farm to keep this up!

Bruno of NH

The jig is very simple 
I will get some pictures of it .

cutterboy

Looks good Bruno. What kind of wood?..pine?..hemlock?
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Bruno of NH

Pine, hemlock, oak, ash, poplar 

Bruno of NH

Update 
The pallet building is going well. The bridge company just added another 100 a month so 100 every 2 weeks plus the donnage. I will be in the market for a resaw in the future. 

stavebuyer

The Wood-Mizer HR series is a lot saw for the money. It has enormous cant capacity for an entry level resaw, I even used mine for reclaiming lumber from slabs.

cutterboy

That's good news Bruno. They must like your pallets.
Why does a bridge company need so many pallets? Do they sell a product?
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Bruno of NH

This company make big steel beams for the making of bridges.
They hire special trucks and trailers to move them all over the east cost.
The beams are 5' to 6' tall and many feet long .
I think they ship bolts and other hardware on them .

Resonator

That would be my guess too, I hauled some loads out of a company in Wausau (near me) that builds interstate highway bridges. They prefabricate as much as possible, and then ship the pieces to the jobsite. The welded steel I beams themselves can be 100'+ long, and are hauled on specialized steerable trailers. The steel "X" braces I hauled are loaded on flatbeds, and shipped with hardware, brackets, or any other parts for the bridge. Every piece of the bridge has be inspected to meet specs, and then certified by the highway department of the state they are going to.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Resonator on November 07, 2022, 10:46:28 AM
That would be my guess too, I hauled some loads out of a company in Wausau (near me) that builds interstate highway bridges. They prefabricate as much as possible, and then ship the pieces to the jobsite. The welded steel I beams themselves can be 100'+ long, and are hauled on specialized steerable trailers. The steel "X" braces I hauled are loaded on flatbeds, and shipped with hardware, brackets, or any other parts for the bridge. Every piece of the bridge has be inspected to meet specs, and then certified by the highway department of the state they are going to.
Yes that's what they do

Thank You Sponsors!