iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw wobble

Started by CX3, February 05, 2016, 08:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I would start at 1/32 and move a a 32nd at a time. If you are not sure how to set the lead properly, we can give that info, or point to an old post that has it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gearbox

I think Jeff is right on also if you can get a hand tach run it on the arbor . engine tach may not be that accurate . What kind of a power unit are you running that drops that much in the cut . If it is a cummins with a PT pump you need to add a MVS governer . Mack is the only road diesel that you operate a PTO without changing anything .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

CX3

Thanks for all the info guys.

Jeff, I will set lead as shown in the older topic. Thanks.

My power unit is a cummins. Honestly I don't know what engine it is, it's military. The Vin plate is intact and I need to run the numbers to see what I have.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

CX3

Nobody really said anything about the bearing. Should it be replaced ?  I had to use a 6ft bar to get it to move 25 thou. It is going to be a chore to remove it, someone has welded the collar on the mandrel. So it has to come off the other end 6 rusty feet away lol
You Better Believe It!

Kbeitz

Crank up the engine without the blade on the shaft.
Get a roll of plumbers sand paper and get to sanding.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

CX3

That is exactly what I did. The mandrel is shiny new.

Headed to town now to get new bearings. Hopefully they can press new ones in my blocks.
You Better Believe It!

beenthere

CX3
All been very interesting, and hope for the best for you.

Time to put up some pics of your setup, and fixes so we can get a better "picture" (no pun intended) of your mill. Hope that is possible for you to do.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CX3

Well the new bearings worked miracles !! It was a decent chore removing the pulley and bearings but we have it up and running.

I cannot figure out how to post pics with my phone. I will get things up and running and put some on here with my wife's computer
You Better Believe It!

Gearbox

I have seen 250 cummins in 5 ton crane . I won't even try to explane the govener it is a great gov but not simple .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

CX3

This engine came out of a military crane
You Better Believe It!

Gearbox

That is what I thought . It is a combo of a road speed and crane speed gov. What ever you do to adjust mark where you start so if it doesn't work you can go back to where you started . Also don't let just anyone work on it . That is how I found out about them . This guy got his fingers in it and messed it up then walked saying the pump was bad . Took me 4 hours just to get it to run some what right . There is a plunger on left side top that has 2 nuts that I had to adjust to get it to idle 

paul case

Glad to hear you got it up and running.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!