iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone tipping fir for wreaths?

Started by SwampDonkey, November 05, 2004, 02:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

If there are some cedar stands nearby with some partial cuts or windfall, there is aften a heavy seeding of fir in them holes. Be careful in that dang windfall though. The more upland the cedar site the better the fir. Cedar is pale green this time of year, unless its red cedar of course. Do ya have Canada Yew or juniper? They'll work. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

SwampDonkey,............Outstanding!  Thanks for taking the time to add the photos. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

Hemlock may work Jeff, it makes a nice bow too.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

This is the first time we have had a REAL Wreath on the house.  ;D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Cool Jeff, that looks superb!!

Here's your pat on the back, job well done and looks nice with the lights. :)

Merry Christmas!

What did ya use for tips? hemlock?

Jeff

SwampDonkey

sprucebunny

Lookin' good.

Did you and Tammy make it? How did it go??
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

UNCLEBUCK

Thanks Swamp Donkey . I have to try this !  Nice wreath Jeff.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

We cheated. Don P sent me an email and said that they use wire frames. Thats what we did.  :)

SwampDonkey

Yup they mostly use wire frames here also. I liked the dogwood because I didn't have to go buy the wire and its free in the back yard. :D I used wire I had on hand for the wrapping of the tips on the ring, but ran out. So I was sent a new strand of wire special delivery, free of charge from the folks. The tips was also from the back yard where I have a few naturals growing under my hardwood. ;) ;D

Thank You Sponsors!