iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just got back from a lovely trip

Started by thedeeredude, November 29, 2007, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

On Thanksgiving weekend me and the girlfriend went out to Ohio for a little vacation.  Stayed in Strasburg, went over to Lehman's store(if you ever get the chance, GO!) on Saturday.  On Sunday we headed down to Berlin and went to the Guggisberg Cheese store.  Also ate at the Chalet in the Valley Restaurant.  It was a nice trip, saw lots of commercial sawmills and a ton of woodworking shops.  Any members from that area that recommend any good places to see next time we go?  All in all it was a pretty good trip.  The people there seem a heck of a lot nicer than back home.  Getting geographically and directionally challenged in dowtown Canton was not a fun time though ::)

thecfarm

We went about 5 years ago to OH.We went to both Lehman's stores,one in New Hope,I think and Kidren.Seems like Kidren was the better of the two.We had a brand new VW bug and there was holstien cow that got loose from the auction barn,heading right for us down main street.My wife was flipping out.I just stopped the car and someone came running and got it to go down a side street.Seems like Sugar creek was somewheres there.That part of OH looked alot like Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SAW MILLER

Thats Mt. Hope.

The store in Mt. Hope is more for the local amish customers and not the tourist trade.
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

thedeeredude

I also stopped in at the Mt. Hope store to get some keys made.  They were nice but you could just tell :)  They didn't have the right key blank anyway ::)

jesse

thedeeredude

I was surprised to see all the corn shocks out there.  Dont have em back here at all.

thecfarm

I was surprized to still see loose hay being put in.They was using a hay loader that I drive by up on the hill.I stopped to talk to one farmer and he was using a horse drawn sickle bar mower that I have on my front lawn.That brought me back before my time.Sure is alot differant in that part of the country.I did not see any diesel motors with a pto shaft and a fore cart in use.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thedeeredude

QuoteI did not see any diesel motors with a pto shaft and a fore cart in use.

It was refreshing ;D 

Thank You Sponsors!