iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer auto clutch

Started by dfabass, February 26, 2008, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfabass

I have a 1991 LT40HDG can the auto clutch accessory Wood Mizer offers for their newer mills be installed on mine?
If not why?

ronwood

Welcome to the forum dfabass.

Not sure on whether you can do the upgarde. The best thing is to call Woodmizer in Indy with your serial number of the mill as well as your customer number if you have one.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

MartyParsons

1997 and newer. LT30 LT40

Would not work or should I say it is not designed for it to work untill 1997.

M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

pineywoods

I've been looking for quite a while for a way to add autoclutch functionality to my 95 LT40. The only way to use the woodmizer parts would require welding to the basic structure of the mill, and unless you are  world-class welder, don't even think about that. It has to be a bolt-on upgrade or you risk warping the frame of the mill head. I've found  way to add autoclutch to the older mills, I have the necessary parts, just not enough time. If and when I get it working I will post pics and details.  Patience  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jpgreen

Or spend a few cents and a trip to the wrecking yard and install my "JP Clutch":

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,22216.msg315128.html#msg315128

My arm and sholder has yet to be tired or sore after cutting several thousand board feet of lumber..  8)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!