iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Got the cross beams up and in place. I cheated. :o Used some 12" lag bolts to bolt the post/beam together.

Predrilled and installed two per post. It's not going anywhere. ;D

Well, everything is level and straight. ;D

Maybe tomorrow I will get the rafters up. The heat is unbearable now. :(

Magicman

Each step puts you closer to rocking on that porch with a glass of iced tea.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on July 21, 2016, 02:09:10 PM
Each step puts you closer to rocking on that porch with a glass of JB and coke.   ;D

Fixed. :D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Been so hot, it took three days just to hang 21 rafters. :( I had to take yesterday to rest. Anyway, I going to try to get the area stripped out tomorrow.

Just small steps, but getting there. ;D

rasman57

Looks good. ...guess you don't have to worry about a big snow load sitting on your porch down that way. smiley_sun

samandothers

Looking great!  Steady gets the job done.  Don't over do it in all this heat.

fishfighter

Quote from: rasman57 on July 25, 2016, 05:36:46 PM
Looks good. ...guess you don't have to worry about a big snow load sitting on your porch down that way. smiley_sun

Last snow we had was about 6 years ago. About 6" and was gone within 6 hours. Our winters down here are like if one sits, one will see all four seasons in a week.

Having a bit trouble this morning with DanG vertigo. :o This is not good. Walking around like I'm drunk. Hope it ease up some.

red

Vertigo . . do we have to show you Magicmans Bloody Photos ? . . take a break
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

fishfighter

I managed to work thru it somewhat. Extra careful climbing a ladder. The wife watched my butt too! Anyway, got the strips down and just maybe the roof tomorrow.

fishfighter

I have roof over the front porch. ;D Got that done yesterday. Today was clean up around the area and get some of the grass/weeds cut. That was all getting out of control. :o

Even the wife is happy. :D

Czech_Made

Looking good!  :)

Quote from: fishfighter on July 31, 2016, 03:29:35 PM
I have roof over the front porch. ;D Got that done yesterday. Today was clean up around the area and get some of the grass/weeds cut. That was all getting out of control. :o

Even the wife is happy. :D

fishfighter

Thanks, it's just slow going due to the heat. Been doing a bit of dirt work around the building. Been dry for a change. ;D I'm sure waiting on my pond to drop lower so I can finish digging it. Looking at about 10,000 yards of dirt I will have to move. I have two roads that I need to build/crown up with the dirt.

Magicman

fishfighter

Short update. I kind of been under the weather. Haven't done much. :(

Anyway, I had the power company come in to see what it's going to take to run the power lines. I have no choice but to fell 6 trees that I wanted to keep. :(

We getting pounded by rain now, so those tress will have to wait.

fishfighter

Fell only just one today. Was the biggest one out the bunch. Heck of a job cleaning up after.

Also played with a few boards for wainscoting. My plans are to do a nickel gap. I really like what I see and think it will come out outstanding. ;D The bugs had got in this batch of boards before I had a chance to treat them, but I like what I see. I will retreat them before installing. This was one of the oaks that had died for no reason. Now, just a ton of planeing.

fishfighter

Been taking it very easy the last few weeks. Was in and out the hospital a couple times. Guess the heat took it's toll on me. Then, last week, one of my brothers passed away. He has been fighting cancer the last 7 years. :'(

Anyway, yesterday was a big step day. I now have power lines ran to the camp. ;D Today, they will come back and drop a line to the temp pole. I will be able to install a window ac unit to cool things down so I can get some work done on the inside till cooler weather comes which will be a couple more months down here.

Magicman

Sorry to hear about your Brother.  It seems that even the expected is always unexpected.

It's good to see you still chugging along.   :)

venice

Same here. What to say. Sorry to hear about your loss.

venice

fishfighter

Thanks guys. Was really hard for me to be praying that the Good Lord would take him ASAP. He suffered more then a person should. he told me two days before he passed that God would take him.

He was 63, married, three kids and 7 grandkids.

This was my second brother that had died from cancer. First one passed at 40 due to agent orange, after serving two tours in Vietnam. >:(

Magicman

I never had but one Brother whom I lost at age 44 in 1984.  I so often wonder about what we would be doing together now. 

thecfarm

Porch looks good.
Sorry to hear about your brother.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Had a set back yesterday getting power. They came, but then asked if I had a Temp power pole permit. I asked WHAT? Never hear on that. >:( Had to get the permit office guy out to look at the pole. He had came, looked at it for a minute and said I was good to go. Yep, I was mad as hell and I had a few choice words that I don't care to repeat. :D

The power company will be here first thing this morning. ;D 

fishfighter

Got power yesterday, but was a bit under the weather.

This morning, I started hanging insulation. Was nice to work a little with a big box fan blowing and no genset running. ;D

Oh, I been kicking up an idea of using oak boards with a nickel gap for the ceiling in the living room and kitchen. Don't have a clue how that would look along with oak wasinecoating  and pine flooring.

Jim_Rogers

Sorry for your loss

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!