iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just hanging out....

Started by gator gar, April 16, 2011, 06:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

Noticed the weather was going to be nice and cool this morning, so I got up and made some sausage. It's been hanging around in the smokehouse for a good portion of the day, taking on that wonderful color that I love. It's got some salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, brown sugar, parsley, red pepper flakes, thyme and I think that's about it. The taste is great!!

timerover51

Now that looks like some right tasty sausage.  Where is this smokehouse located? :D

gator gar

Quote from: timerover51 on April 16, 2011, 06:29:45 PM
Now that looks like some right tasty sausage.  Where is this smokehouse located? :D

Deep, East Texas!!!

beenthere

Looks good. Any meat in there?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timerover51

Hmm, East Texas, too far for a midnight visit, and likely rock salt loaded in the shotgun too.  Bet they will taste fantastic after being grilled over some nice hickory or mesquite.

thecfarm

Looks good and tasty. What are you using for wood? Anything special you used for meat?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

Gator, propably asked before, what part of east Texas, Livingston, here
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

gator gar

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 17, 2011, 01:56:30 PM
Gator, propably asked before, what part of east Texas, Livingston, here

Livingston here too. Well, actually out in Big Sandy.  No special meat in the sausage, just pork.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sbishop

Gator,

any chance you provide the recipe? quantities?

Also, what temp were you smoking at and for how long?

Thanks
Sbishop

Thank You Sponsors!