iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framing: A traditional approach with Jack Sobon and Dave Carlon

Started by Jim_Rogers, September 05, 2014, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Every September since 1985 Jack Sobon and Dave Carlon have been teaching a 5 day workshop at the Hancock Shaker Village in or near Pittsfield, MA.

This is one of the best courses I have taken. It was my second one and I really fell in love with traditional timber frame building.

I just received an email from Jack that there are still a few opening for this year's workshop which takes place starting 9/24/14; a Wednesday and runs daily from 9am until 5 pm on Sunday 9/28/14.

If you are interested and need more info you can email me and I'll send you this year's flier.

I will be there on Friday morning with our tools for sale, offering them to the group, and any other interested parties.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

32vld

Jim_Rogers

This workshop starts this coming Wednesday.
They still have some openings, and to get some students they have offered a $100 discount, if you sign up between now and Wednesday.

This is a great workshop and you're be learning from one of the founders of the guild, Jack Sobon. And his partner and an excellent teacher of timber framing Dave Carlon.

Tell them "Jim" sent you.

Jim Rogers

Brian_Weekley

This is a great workshop taught by two masters of the profession.  It's a great opportunity to learn the traditional skills of timber framing.  I'd love to take it again.  One of the most enjoyable weeks I spent in a long time.  If you have any interest in learning timber framing, this is the one you should take! As an added bonus, Jim is usually there with great tools available.  smiley_thumbsup
e aho laula

John S

I have also taken this class and have purchased tools from Jim Rogers, I highly recommend the experience to all.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Jim_Rogers

Solomon

:embarassed:Lord knows, I wish I had the time to attend corses like that and the extra cash to  fiddle-smileyenroll in wood working schools and classes of all types.   It sure is hard being just one man.
I wish I could do it all because I love it all, I'm limited to being just one man.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Thank You Sponsors!