iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunday Dinner

Started by Raider Bill, February 22, 2021, 11:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Yesterday started out with Pancakes and bacon. I used the donut batter as pancake batter to give it a try. Very tasty. Forgot to take pix on the flapjacks but here's the bacon. I cooked 3 pounds because were are going to use the rest in what follows.

After breakfast settled we started on Sunday dinner.
Ribs, lasagna, broccoli salad, BBQ beans, corn pie and apple crisp.

I also managed to mow the lawn.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

DanG I missed it. ;D That is quite a feed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Was there an occasion, or are my chances of getting lucky  really good no matter what Sunday morning I might show up?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Remember in grammar school when the teacher said you could not eat candy unless you shared with the rest of the class? Maybe that should be a standing FF policy too. :D

Sure does look tasty! Here I am thinking about warming up the last bowl of chilli and fighting with Sampson over who gets all the Ritz crackers. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Sadly, if we are not riding on Sundays this pretty much is normal.
Generally it's just Wild Bill, Sue Ann and I.
Wild Bill is mostly a single Dad and works long hours so we send him home with at least half a weeks worth of meals. Plus, I simply just don't know how to cook small. ;)

thecfarm

Lets see, I leave Friday, I should get there my Sunday. Won't make me eat that green stuff will ya?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

THAT is amazing!  If I get to come back in the next life, I want to be Wild Bill. 

I can't cook small either.  :)
Say when

Roxie

Hey @Raider Bill, any chance we can get the recipe for the corn pie?

Asking for a friend. 
Say when

Raider Bill

For you Roxie Anything!! smiley_gorgeous smiley_flowerhead

For the true corn bread lovers this is sacrilege I know. It's not a brick of corn bread you can build a house with that needs 2 gallons of runny pinto beans to soften it. :D :D :D :D.
I was born a Yankee. food1 cone_1 smiley_beertoast

It can either be eaten with a meal, [goes great with BBQ] or as a desert/snack. I like it both ways.

I leave mine in for about 5 minutes longer than this calls for. Use a tooth pick to test for doneness.

Roxie

Thank you Raider!  It looks and sounds delicious!  I will be making this and you'll always be southern to me.  :-*
Say when

Roxie

Made the corn pie for our family supper, and my niece brought her chili. It was phenomenal!  Everyone loved it and now I can't wait for our summer barbecues. Your directions were spot on. Thanks Raider!  
Say when

Raider Bill

Thank You Sponsors!