iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recipes

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, March 25, 2003, 07:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I was just over on the knowledge base reading some recipes. Charlie's Pork and Rice recipe has my mouth watering. It's just about how Mom used to make it. She would use pork neck bones and add some celery and course ground black pepper, I add a little curry to spice it up even more.

Neck bones and rice, that is good eating.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tom

Ahh, yes!!  and cook'em till you can eat the whole thing, bones and all. :D

Texas Ranger

Well, that ain't what I call eatin high on the hog, but then Texans generally prefer beer, er, beef, in their cooking.  I will admit, however, to back sliding and partaking of beans and hog meat.  Rice? That's for chipped beef and gravy. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Chipped beef is fer a shingle, ain't it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

Dan,

As in S O S?

Yuk on the curry. Isn't that the awful smell at some of the motels nowdays that are run by **** *******?

Don't mind a little pork but prefer sweet and sour.
Did some thick pork chops on the grill a couple days ago.
Haytrader

Texas Ranger

Chipped beef ain't exactly right, down here they call it beef tips and gravy on rice.  Kinda like a hot dog, gets rid of those chunks of meat with no name, nor source. ::)

DanG

Now, beef tips & gravy is a whole nuther thing.  That's good on rice or smashed up spud-taters, or you kin put the taters and some celery and carrots in the pot with it and serve the whole mess up with some home-made biscuits. 8) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

DanG, time to eat yet?

biziedizie

So what's for desert? Keep hearing about the great food but never hear about what we are having afterwards! I say applecobbler would be nice. :)

Steve

Jeff

Cocoa Krispy treats. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Bust open yesterday's biscuit, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on each side and spoon black coffee onto it until it is just before being saturated.  Then let it sit for a little while and eat it with a fork.

Its pretty good for Breakfast too and uses up the leftover biscuits. :D

I like Cobbler too but vote for Peach or Mango.

Blueberries, Huckleberries, Blackberries and Mayhaws will be bearing soon.  Man, Jellies, Fresh berries and cooked pies.  I can hardly wait.

biziedizie

Tom remind me not to come to your house! Hate to say it but that sounds pretty nasty! :D :D

Steve

Kevin_H.

we never have any left over biscui ;Dts
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Tom, that sounds like one of those  "Heck, I remember when I was a boy" stories.

"When we were 12, we worked 23 hours every day, then made the 4 hour walk home and had warmed up bacon fat and washer squeezins for supper, and we LIKED it!"

Tom

Oh yeah?!  ..........well :-/ ...................Oh Yeah?!

Jeff

I gotta admit, it sounds way better then grits. ;)

Tom

Oh, but, grits are good.  They just aren't dessert. :P  Don't you know nuthin'? :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Grits are good, even better with a little butter and cheddar.

There I go getting hungry again.

The biscuit story reminded me of going to get Chineese food with Uncle Elwood. He asked if i liked it as well as leftovers the next day? I told him I don't know, never had any left over  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!