iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just wonderin'

Started by CHARLIE, January 07, 2008, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Has anyone on the forum ever tried one of those recipes that are hanging on the cages in Southern Zoos?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

DanG

The panda fritters were deeelish! 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Dodooo eggs over easy are the best...when you can get them. :D

CHARLIE

The reason I asked was 'cause I've always wanted to try that recipe on the Jacksonville Zoo's Giraffe cage. Has anyone tried it yet? And, if so...How did you deepfry the neck? Chop it up and put it in a big pot or lower it into a pipe full of hot grease? Just wonderin' :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

Need to ask that question of our Louisiana cousins. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

When frying the Thanksgiving turkey, we usually hang the neck and such in the grease on a bent up coat hanger. ;)

Here is a shot of this year's neck gettin' hung... :D

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

CHARLIE

Metalspinner, do you think a giraffe neck will fit in that pot?  Would I have to double it up? ;D
Charlie

limbrat

Necks are normaly grilled. If you go were there are lots of native south louisiana people like oil wells and petro chemical plants there is usally a gas flare and crane near by.
ben

Hi-Country Orange

Maybe you guys could get Johnsonville brats involved,they have a semi trailer grill that is about 40-50' long that travels the country :D :) ;D 8) 8)

CHARLIE

Hi-Country Orange, that sounds like a good solution but I don't know when they plan to swing by the Zoo.

I've been thinking of turtle soup lately. Saw a turtle that would feed my family for several months! The recipe on the cage looked good too. ;) It used a lot of tomatoes........  I'm looking for a big cast iron pot now.
Charlie

Furby

Actually Charlie, I belive it's just as easy to use the shell for a pot, but I've never done it. :)

DanG

Are turtle shells microwave safe? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Never tried it, but I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has!  :)

Hi-Country Orange

Charile: just get the local U.P.S. truck to stop by the zoo, knock out the plastic sky light panel load & go  :D 8) 8)

Corley5

Just don't shoot the tigers with a sling shot  ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!