iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Pink Slime" in ground beef ....

Started by LOGDOG, March 24, 2012, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

This newest propaganda fling by the media is costing alot of jobs. A plant in Iowa just shut down operations, putting 200 people out of work. Folks will never go the extra mile to learn the truth about things, they go with the 10 second bites from the talking heads, and call it gospel. Remember the Alar scare? Hundreds of apple growers were put out of business when that one hit....and it was all hype and misinformation. As far as this recent pink slime scare, alot of folks will lose (have lost) their jobs, and the price of beef will go up. No one wins, but many folks will lose. So called pink slime is processed lean beef, no more no less. No one has ever gotten sick from it, no one has died, and we have been eating it for over 20 years. Get over it folks, we are fed so much worse stuff, like twinkies, or fruit loops, or pepsi, and no one seems to care.

Personally I find processed chicken far more disgusting than the pink slime thing. Ever been to a chicken processing plant??

I guess it is all a matter of knowledge and what you get used to....
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Den Socling

Patty - hear hear! You are 100% correct. And it was all started by one guy who called it pink slime. I wonder how he feels today.

Red Pill

You're absolutely right, Patty. All hype and hysteria.

beenthere

Quote from: Den Socling on March 30, 2012, 04:34:35 PM
......... And it was all started by one guy who called it pink slime. I wonder how he feels today.
He and PITA are happy as can be. It is their goal to assault the meat industry....any way they can.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LOGDOG

This did create an awareness of what people are eating though. I think that's positive. If people want to eat "finely textured beef" ...ok, just disclose it on the packaging. Now they know what they're looking for in case they don't want to eat it.

I will say this, one thing that I do find good about the "finely textured beef" process, is that it uses as much of the animal as possible. I've been a hunter all my life and have always made it a point to use as much of the animal as I can out of respect for the life that I took. Same with the animals we raised growing up. So to the extent that the "bits" are used vs. being discarded ...so long as it's healthy to eat ... then there's a positive that can be found there.

woodsteach

Quote from: Patty on March 30, 2012, 03:56:51 PM
1.  and the price of beef will go up. No one wins,

2.  No one has ever gotten sick from it, no one has died, and we have been eating it for over 20 years.

3.  Get over it folks, we are fed so much worse stuff, like twinkies, or fruit loops, or pepsi, and no one seems to care.

1.  I do I raise beef as well as the all of the other ranchers win IF the price of beef goes up!

2.  Maybe maybe not look at the average waistline,  could this ammonia stuff have something to do with it????

3.  AMEN to that

Put the CORRECT and TRUTHFUL info on the labels and let the consumer decide what he wants to purchase stop hiding what is in our "FOOD STUFF"

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Thank You Sponsors!