iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chickin Crispin

Started by Magicman, August 15, 2013, 01:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Pat and I are setting Saturday, September 28th, as the Chickin Crispin date, and all FF Members and Families are invited.   smiley_gossip

The map on my profile shows the location of the Cabin, and I can add more driving details if needed.   move_it

We will need a head count and we will also get an RSVP going as the date nears.    digin1 digin_2

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

I plan to be there, will confirm when closer to date.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

grweldon

I plan to be there... most likely wife and 2 children also...  8)
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Magicman

The Chickin Crispin is neither intended to be an alternative to, nor a substitute for the Pig Roast.  It is just a get together featuring family fun and fellowship among the FF members that are close enough to make the trip.

We will eat, make field trips and look over my Tree Farm, and maybe talk about those that do not attend.  And eat.   ;D

Here are links to our previous Chickin Crispins and you will quickly find out how it got it's name.   :)  LINK and LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Count us in if the mighty mississippi don't rise too much. Will check with LeroyC and Planman. Should be a good time of year..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

We do have some sleeping arrangements so get your needs to me quickly. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 15, 2013, 03:52:19 PM
....... and maybe talk about those that do not attend. 

smiley_gossip dadgum you, Charlie!   
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

up north we call that burned chicken!  :D and the grill master would get  flogged. ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

slider

burnt chickin,seems like I remember having that somewhere in georgia last year.As i remember every one was goo gooing over some quarter sawed sycamore while the chicken was getting way too much time over the coals.I think it was at some get together just can't remember where.
al glenn

WH_Conley

Slider, they always told me the memory was the second thing to go. I just can't remember what was first. :D
Bill

Nomad

Quote from: slider on August 16, 2013, 07:50:13 AM
burnt chickin,seems like I remember having that somewhere in georgia last year.As i remember every one was goo gooing over some quarter sawed sycamore while the chicken was getting way too much time over the coals.I think it was at some get together just can't remember where.

Al, you sure you're not talking about them fried chicken feet?  I thought they were overcooked, too. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Bill Gaiche

As of now, wife and I plan on attending. bg

Magicman

That brings us up to about 12 and we have not even started yet.   :)

WDH

Al,

I hear that you are in charge this year.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

May be Lynn will give us his recipe for those chikin feet
al glenn

Magicman

No, I'll let you deal with the landing gear.  I am gonna stay with the parts that are higher on the hog chickin.   ;D

WDH

You can have everything below the knees  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

There will be no chickin knees, fingers, or nuggets at the Crispin.

Just the good parts.   food6

red oaks lumber

i think grits are below their knees,  except maybe when there scwating. :)

WDH

That is a low blow below the knees for the poor grits.  They are just trying to be good corn  :-\.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've eat Grits above the knees and below the knees. There good!  :)

red oaks lumber

if they were that good you could get them at any fast food joint :)my wife watches alooot of cooking shows , guess what never never even a mention of grits. ;) just sayin ;D i think its you heat stoked southerners :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 18, 2013, 09:20:02 PM
if they were that good you could get them at any fast food joint :)my wife watches alooot of cooking shows , guess what never never even a mention of grits. ;) just sayin ;D i think its you heat stoked southerners :D

Y'all don't get Southern cooking channels up north? Call your local cable or satellite provider and ask them if they can tune you into WGRIT. Y'ALLLLL might learn how to fix Grits.  :D

WDH

You mean you can't get them at McDonalds in Wisconsin  ???  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 19, 2013, 07:26:50 AM
You mean you can't get them at McDonalds in Wisconsin  ???  :D.

A Mickey D's in Wisconsin?  :o :o :o

Thank You Sponsors!