iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chickin Crispin

Started by Magicman, August 15, 2013, 01:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grweldon

As much as I hate to, I am going to have to back out.  I was really looking forward to meeting all in attendance.  When I initially replied I had a feeling in the very back of my mind that Sept. 28 was spoken for.  It was, but I neglected to put it on my calendar.  Me and 6 other folks will be presenting "The Cotton Patch Gospel" at Good News United Methodist Church in Santa Rosa, Florida on that day.

I'll be thinking of y'all as I'm driving to Florida!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

JohnM

Quote from: WDH on August 19, 2013, 07:26:50 AM
You mean you can't get them at McDonalds in Wisconsin  ???  :D.
No grits at our Micky D's up here in Maine either.  On occasion you can get lobster rolls.  Personally, the chances of me ordering a lobster roll from McDonalds here are about the same as ordering grits when I'm down south...ZERO!

Have fun at the crispin, y'all! ;D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Magicman

We are trying to get this event promoted as soon as possible so folks can work out their schedules and we will miss meeting/seeing any of you that can not attend.  We now have 10 members confirmed, so I expect 20 or more. 

We will begin Friday evening with a grillin' for those that are staying with us or close enough to attend.  We will have breakfast Saturday morning, and then look forward to the Chickin & Fixin's for lunch.

Nearby Port Gibson, Natchez and Vicksburg are rich in history and Antebellum homes.

Here some driving distances/directions:  (the pin on the profile map shows the correct location)

From Hazlehurst:  Take Hwy 28 toward Fayette.  From Brookhaven:  Take Hwy 550.  In either case, from the intersection of Hwy 550 and Hwy 28 in Union Church, drive West 8 miles on Hwy 28 and turn right onto Dennis Crossroads (Bethesda Baptist Church)

Drive 10.5 miles on Dennis Crossroads (it becomes Hwy. 552) to the Red Brick Church on the right.  Turn right onto Woodvine Rd. and proceed 3.2 miles to The Davis Vineyard on the left.

From Lorman: Take Hwy 552 and travel East approximately 4 miles to the Red Brick Church on the left.  Turn left onto Woodvine Rd. and proceed 3.2 miles to The Davis Vineyard on the left.

From Port Gibson: Take Hwy 61S.  From the Natchez Trace Parkway entrance, drive 3.5 miles to Russum.  Turn Left onto Woodvine Rd. (Charles Donald Timber)  and proceed 4 miles to The Davis Vineyard on the right.

We do have some sleeping arrangements available so let me know as soon as possible.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

MM, can i bring anything to help out? bg

Magicman

Bill,  Cold "dranks" like you did before would be wonderful.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Is there room for a Hitch-Hiker at the cabin? If there is will it require a man in a suit on the roof? We just don't know yet if we will make it but we haven't dismissed the idea.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bill Gaiche

Magicman

Quote from: gspren on August 19, 2013, 06:11:12 PM
  Is there room for a Hitch-Hiker at the cabin? If there is will it require a man in a suit on the roof? We just don't know yet if we will make it but we haven't dismissed the idea.
Gary, Plenty of room.  We can level it up and I have a 30 amp RV receptacle just for you.   :)

pineywoods

Gary, the gate is a bit of a tight squeeze, but I been through it in a 36 ft diesel pusher. Once through the gate, Magic has plenty of room for a whole caravan.
Lynn, we will also bring a cooler of drinks, and I think I can talk the Mrs into making some of that blueberry crunch....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

gspren

My question about a man in a suit comes from last year while parking at MM's home place I tried to go under a wire that was a few inches too low  :o I stopped before a catastrophe occurred and waited until MM got home from church whereupon he went up on the roof in his Church Duds and rescued me, a first and only to have a man in a suit on my roof. A regular hero!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Quote from: pineywoods on August 19, 2013, 10:48:11 PMGary, the gate is a bit of a tight squeeze, 
It looks smaller than it is.  The gate is 10' and log trucks have been through it.

When you see this, you are at the right place.   :)

fishpharmer

Gotta work Friday and Saturday, there's a chance I can make the Chikin on Saturday. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Hopefully so James.  We will save a leg for you.

Magicman

OK folks, we are exactly one month away.

We do still have some overnight arrangements for anyone that speaks up.  Also Pat found a B&B in Port Gibson.  Isabella B&B is a little pricy at ~$120 per night but it looks nice.

LeeB

Lindy and I are going to plan on being there if nothing changes.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Good, We were hoping that the date would work for you.   smiley_thumbsup

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I wish I was able to come but it looks like I won't be over the Sycamore Project by then.

smiley_chop wheeliechair smiley_swinging_board splitwood_smiley smiley_carpenter_hit_thumb hurt_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Quote from: Magicman on August 28, 2013, 05:10:24 PM
Good, We were hoping that the date would work for you.   smiley_thumbsup

About the same timing as the Pig Roast. I'll get home from work Wednesday evening, rest  Thursday, and we will drive down Friday. Not nearly as far to drive this time. Still the same journey to get home from work though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

The Hors d'oeuvres will be "Smoked Louisiana Boudin".   smiley_gossip food6

grweldon

Man-O-man... you are KILLIN' me!  You WILL be having another crispin' next year?  I accepted the music gig (it's actually a minstry thing, we are volunteering) way back in July.  How could I have ever known?  I'll be thinking about y'all have such great food and fellowship!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

LeeB

Spicy I hope. I haven't had boudin in a long time.

Magicman

It is coming "special hand delivery" from Longville Louisiana.   ;D

LeeB

that's just about worth the trip in itself.

Fla._Deadheader

I LOVES Boudin  digin_2 musteat_1 sketti_1
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Magicman

smiley_idea  The thread in the "Food Board" has me thinking that I need to dust off the wash pot and have some peanuts boiling.   food6

Thank You Sponsors!