iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fish & Chips

Started by elk42, February 25, 2016, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk42

YES  8) Flathead Catfish and Chips [taters] Ketchup with Wisconsin horseradish.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

sandsawmill14

digin1 digin_2 looks good but wheres the grits ??? :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

scgargoyle

I like malt vinegar on mine (fish and chips; NOT grits!).
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

elk42

I must NOT be a redneck because I DONT LIKE GRITS. :rifle:

Scugargole  I will try malt vinegar but I have never seen it here. :o
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,

sawguy21

i REALLY like a plate of lightly battered fish and crispy chips. :) Malt vinegar for me too but not the tartar sauce they always serve on the side. Karen says her ex would order extra tartar and slather the fish. Ugh!!!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

A plate full of Whitefish and home made fries, a touch of vinegar, a dash or three of salt and mayonaise for the fish......     :) :) :) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

gspren

I took my 2 ladies (wife & mom) to Cracker Barrel for lunch today, I had fried catfish, fried taters, coleslaw, and corn bread, mighty tasty.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ianab

Fish and Chips is still probably the #1 takeaway here in NZ.  Or "Shark and taters"  :D Lemonfish is a type of small shark that's most often used.

Generally I've found the better places to get it is the Chinese Takeaways that also do "European" (fish / chips / burgers etc) They generally know how to actually cook, and get the fish / batter / chips right.

Oh, and Palace Takeaways in Rarotonga. Not sure if their food is actually "better", but you get to eat beside the harbour on a tropical Island, and your fish and chips always taste better that way.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Carson-saws

looks deeeeelish!!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

pappy19

If you have a Cheese Cake Factory or a Texas Roadhouse near you, their catfish dinners are to die for and beat Cracker Barrel hands down, IMHO.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WDH

Elk,

It is just not fair for you to post that.  Just not fair  digin_2.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

elk42

WDH
Yes they sure were gooood. They came out of a clean gravel bottom river. And last week I got
12 more largest 17# to 4#.   

Raider Bill

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 26, 2016, 12:00:34 PM
i REALLY like a plate of lightly battered fish and crispy chips. :) Malt vinegar for me too but not the tartar sauce they always serve on the side. Karen says her ex would order extra tartar and slather the fish. Ugh!!!
I love tarter sauce myself. Slathered.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WDH

I like tarter sauce and ketchup  :).  Hushpuppies benefit from both, too.  :-*.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Slathered, DELISH!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WDH

Hard to beat that  :)

Thank You Sponsors!