iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Forestry Forum Christmas Contest

Started by Jeff, December 11, 2011, 02:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

Magicman, I have seen your stash of LogRites and I can confirm that you don't need anymore :D

I am officially entered. And I know what I want for Christmas! ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

Whaduyamean don't need any more  ??? ???

I could then retire that last peavey.   :D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Added prizes for second and third place compliments of www.bluecreeper.com  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mad murdock

Thanks for putting this together Jeff.  That was a fun exercise.  Made you think a bit, but definitely doable! 8) 8)Thank you Logrite and Blue Creeper!! Merry Christmas to all!
Magic Man, let me know which thrift store you donate your old cant hook to, if you win, so's  can go there and buy it up quick ;D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Gary_C

Jeff, does the forum software allow you to see the failed attempts to get to the right door?    ::)

I'll admit to a few including a first attempt to see if there was a dropdown list of previous tries.  :D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

I could find the errors in the log if I wanted to dig for it. I don't want to dig. :)  I'm only interested in the correct answer. :)

SwampDonkey

:D Tough fella, when he's holding all the answers. Make'm sweat. :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Finally.  ;D   Now that it's dark out I figured it out. I was just about to ask WDH for a hint. I even would of ate some grits for a hint.   :-[
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Oh my god .. he would of ate GRITS ..... :o :o :o  You wanted in bad .  :D  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

I would have given you the answer for video proof you had eat some grits.  :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

theCfarm will do anything for a Logrite  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Maybe he is a closet Grits eater and is using this as a disguise. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I only said I WOULD of.  :D  I figured it out so my moment of weakness is gone.Too cold for grits here now. Been below freezing 3 nights in a row. I think that is the first time this season. A real warm "winter".
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Some people don't believe the almanac, but it's been right so far.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on December 13, 2011, 05:25:45 AM
Too cold for grits here now. 

When I worked the "graveyard shift" a local restaurant would have their grits cooked about 4:00 AM.  There was nothing better on a cold night than a hot bowl of grits.

thecfarm

Did not know you guys had below freezing temps for 3 nights in a row. I guess I'll have to wait for "Too cold for grits" when it gets down into the single digits and stays there for a week.  ;D

okmulch

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

isawlogs

Quote from: Magicman on December 13, 2011, 07:51:11 AMnothing better on a cold night than a hot bowl of grits.

I could think of one or three things !  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom L

diabolical is right,
I may just go buy another cant hook so I can stop trying to figure this out. lol

Tom L

a haaa. I just got it,

I'm in

thanks for the chance

doctorb

I'm in.  Easily solved once you don't overthink it!

Merry Christmas everybody.  And, yes, I need that hook! 

thank you Logrite and Bluecreeper!

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

Doc,

If you win you either have to buy a sawmill or send the logrite to me because if I win a set of scalpels, I will surely send them to you :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Be careful or Doc may donate a free lobotomy as a 4th prize.  ;)

On second thought, maybe we could be better suited with a lobotomy reversal. That is a win win, because you have no clue it didn't work. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

In this contest, I came up with WWW.ISAWLOGS IN THE MAGICDONKEYSWAMP.

Jeff.......

Why will it not go through????????

Where's my LOGRITE ?????
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!