iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Disappearing Briskit

Started by Burlkraft, August 10, 2009, 09:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I had this beautiful briskit. I marinated it for 24 hours and yesterday morning I fired up the BGE and let it smoke for 12 hours.

When it was done it disappeared before I could even get a picture of it  :o  :o  :o  :o

What happened to my briskit  ???  ???  ???

I think it was pretty good, but it was gone so fast  :-\  :-\  :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Yummmm.  :)

I've never been able to make a good brisket until I used my egg. Did you have any trouble holding the temp for so long?

Burlkraft

It held about 225° the entire time.

I had just put a new gasket on it and I filled it up to the ring with charcoal.

I was surprised how well the temp held  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stumpy

Hey Steve, What kind of smoker do you use?  I just got into this smoking deal and made my first successful brisket on my own ho made smoker.  I'm constantly looking for knowledge about marinades and smokers and mopping sauces.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

woodsteach

All right burlkraft.................... so is that briskit a part of your PLANT BASED DIET!!!??? :o

OH it must be grassfed beef. ;D

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

CLL

YUMMY!!!!!!!! Beef the only meat!!!!!!!!!!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

Raider Bill

Stumpy,
I've got a pretty good collection of rubs and sauce recipes if interested. It's in word format so I'll need a email address.
Actually I'll send it to anyone here.

try smoking a nice corned beef brisket :)  Best pastrami you'll ever have 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

ADAMINMO

Id like to try some of those recipes there Raider. Send em to the e-mail addy in my profile if ya dont mind.
Thanks,
Adam

rickywashere

Norm

Stumpy I never noticed your ? but Steve has a Big Green Egg for doing his brisket. I have one also and could never make a great brisket until I used it. Now that doesn't mean you need one to make good brisket but it sure makes it a lot easier.

Bill! Buddy! Old friend!!!!!! I'd love to get a copy too.  ;D

norman(at)eri-iowa.com

PM me your address and I'll ship you out a jar of my extra special currant jelly for your trouble.

zopi

Nice! I did a couple brisket tips the other day and took them to work...they were only mediocre though,
as I only received two marriage proposals...couple of those gals are about ready to kidnap me I think...

I like the BGE...but the bloody thing is a little pricey..I'm about to build myself an Ugly Drum smoker, I have the drums scavenged, but still need to scav up an old weber kettle grill for parts..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WH_Conley

Two briskets, two proposals, guess I see what you mean about mediocre. :(

Have to try harder next time. ;D
Bill

Raider Bill

I think the BGE is gold lined, silver at least ;D

As long as you have a BGE go ahead and get a cookshack smoker you will never be disappointed! 8)

Perfect brisket everytime ;D
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Don_Papenburg

Zopi, do I have a deal for you !  Some idiot dumped off a load of junk on the corner included was a webber grill.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Norm

I have no idea why the BGE's are so expensive. They're not much more than a big ceramic pot (this would get me kicked of the BGE forum) with a hole in the top. I would not buy one because of that but Patty bought me one for my Christmas present. Since I've been using it I would have to say it's worth the money if you really like good bbq.

Raider Bill

That's how I feel about my cookshack smoker.
I actually bring it back and forth between florida and tenn most every trip. I've even thought about hooking up a inverter so I'm smoking during the 12 hour trip. BBQ on the go.........

stumpy

My son has a BGE.  I swear he joined a Cult or something the way he worships that thing ???. My buddy bought a knock off of the BGE called a Grill Dome.  I've tasted his brisket off of it and it was amazing.   I'm just started out on this smoking thing and made a smoker out of a metal garbage can (yes a new one) and a weber grill.  I put the charcoal in the can and set the weber on top.  There are holes in the bottom of the can to let the air in.  I use the vents on top of the weber to control the heat.  It works great, but it takes so much charcoal that I have to keep watching it.  So far I've made brisket and baby backs.   
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Raider Bill

I use a old weber on top of my cookshack smoker for cold smoking stuff. [Actually I haven't cold smoked anything in awhile, hmmm better get on that.] The outlet hole is only about 3/4 of a inch on the smoker so it's very controlable.

One of the best smokers I ever built was using a old refridgeator upside down and lined with cedar 2x4's. it was a offset design.

I see old weber kettle grills on the side of the street for garbage pickup all the time. IMHO they are one of the better charcoal grills you can buy at a decent price.

My Baby!

Brisket, chicken, pulled pork and my famous  whistleberry stew  8)

Norm

I still use my weber a lot even though I've got an egg. Nothing I like better than a good hamburger cooked over a hot fire.

Ok Bill there's no showing that without at least the recipe for whistleberry stew.

Raider Bill

Norm,
wish I had one :D Generally it's tenn smoked bacon, pulled pork, burger meat, Italian sausage or any combination of these meats, bushes boston beans, garbonzo beans, onions, tiger sauce, cheap bbq sauce and whatever else is in the fridge that needs to be used up.

I agree, chacoal is the best way to Q up a burger or steak!

I admit though propane is too easy to fire up and cook. I tend to get lazy.

Thank You Sponsors!